Tuesday, December 19
The Citadel at Notre Dame ACCN 6 PM
Virginia at Memphis ESPN2 7 PM
North Florida at Florida State ACCN 8 PM

Wednesday, December 20
Baylor vs Duke ESPN 7 PM - Madison Square Garden, New York, N.Y.-
Saint Louis at NC State ACCNX 7 PM
Purdue Fort Wayne at Pitt ACCNX 7 PM
Oklahoma vs North Carolina ESPN 9 PM - Jumpman Invitational, Charlotte, N.C.

Thursday, December 21
Presbyterian at Wake Forest ACCNX 3 PM
Niagara at Syracuse ACCNX 5 PM
American at Virginia Tech ACCNX 5 PM
Kentucky at Louisville ESPN 6 PM
Lehigh at Boston College ACCNX 6 PM
Stonehill at Miami ACCN 8 PM
UMass vs Georgia Tech ESPN2 9 PM - Diamond Head Classic, Honolulu, Hawaii

Virginia getting crushed at Memphis. I thought that was a game that we could win.

Niagara falls to 3-7 as they lose by 5 at Binghamton.

Memphis 77, Virginia 54
Su's system and style of play is the perfect matchup for UVA

and UVA is the worst possible matchup for SU

if you only watched UVA-SU games, you'd think UVA was clearly #1 team in the country....

but they're actually not even close

Wow Virginia

Memphis running circles around them. Virginia looks like a JV team. Second game I have seen of Memphis, they look like the real deal.
Re: Memphis

They have some nice transfers. Quinnerly from Alabama, Mills from FSU, Jones from St. John's.

Jones is going for 20 PPG, 6.5 RPG. And ex-Johnnie Posh Alexander is 10/5/6 at Butler. Maybe Pitino isn't such a genius.

Re: Memphis

They have some nice transfers. Quinnerly from Alabama, Mills from FSU, Jones from St. John's.

Jones is going for 20 PPG, 6.5 RPG. And ex-Johnnie Posh Alexander is 10/5/6 at Butler. Maybe Pitino isn't such a genius.
Agree and I would have thought that he’d be a Pitino type player. I know he’s short and a poor 3 point shooter but he’s excellent in the up tempo game, which Pitino was formerly known for. I believe Posh has another year too, the extra Covid year. Butler was picked to finish 10th in the 11 team Big East, they are currently 10-2. Posh has been a great addition for them.

Insane stretch of games for UNC.

1703087278793.png

Duke by 2 over Baylor with about 7 min left
Seton Hall up 11 over UConn with about 8 to go. Kadary has 16

I've tried to hate less and be more appreciative of iconic teams/players in sports as I get older but every single season the hate that I have for Dook basketball just gets stronger. I cannot even fathom why people are fans or why players want to go there. There isn't a single likeable aspect. Unless you're a bandwagoning loser.

I've tried to hate less and be more appreciative of iconic teams/players in sports as I get older but every single season the hate that I have for Dook basketball just gets stronger. I cannot even fathom why people are fans or why players want to go there. There isn't a single likeable aspect. Unless you're a bandwagoning loser.
Heard. They're bringing home a needed win for the conference tonight, though.

Gotta be honest I like the new coach. As for why people like them, they win.

Hated them and their holier than thou we are better than you schtick of the Coach K teams, but now they don't bug me unless I admit I'm jealous that their program is better than ours.

Hated them and their holier than thou we are better than you schtick of the Coach K teams, but now they don't bug me unless I admit I'm jealous that their program is better than ours.
1703165301295.jpeg

Duke and UNC both picked up wins against Top 10 teams last night. That's good for the ACC and gives Syracuse 3 chances to get a win that would be very persuasive on selection sunday.
Yes, I watched the game with rabid Duke fans and I had to convince one of them that we root for all ACC teams. She said, “I can’t root for Carolina!” But I gave her the above argument and she reluctantly conceded the point.

I like Scheyer, also. Even worse, I like Duke. My husband was at Duke for 12 years. Granted, sometimes I dislike Duke (God bless America), but that was more Coach K than the players.

UK 95, LOU 76
WAKE 91, PRES 68
VT 77, AMER 55
BC 85, LEH 69

MIA 97, STO 59
GT 73, MASS 70

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317