ACC Games for Dec 2-4 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Dec 2-4

UNC is probably a top 25 team when healthy but certainly not top 5

Our old friend Osun Osunniyi with 8 & 3 in 17 minutes.

We had St Johns and couldn't hang on. Iowa St is very good especially at home. Despite the struggles we should have beat the Johnnies. Big difference being 5-3 with two quality wins to offset the two bad losses.

But all four losses of UNC are against P5 conferences. Ours are Illinois and three non-P5.

I think the reference in general is the point not the specifics. For a #1 team 5-4 is no bueno no matter what.

Of that said in our 4 wins we have an ACC win and an A10 win. UNC has their best win over a CAA team and a Sun Belt team.

Their guards are good to great individual players, but they don’t do enough to get others involved.
It won't be as drastic ( i.e. losing seasons) but UNC may go through a similar type of transition as UConn did with the talent carryover sustaining and then they have to adjust a bit before getting back into form. Honestly didn't think that was going to be the case after how they finished last year but seeing this season unfold so far, looks very similar.

That ND win over Mich St looking pretty meh. They are down at home to the same NW team Pitt beat by 29.

Love DV but they have a 5 star transfer in BHH, returning scorer in Ellis, 4 star frosh Lands who was highly regarded, fairly highly regarded frosh in Ree, another top 100 frosh in Mike James key returning upperclassmen with experience in Withers, Traynor and big man Curry.

They have guys - Payne has looked lost as a HC.

Love DV but they have a 5 star transfer in BHH, returning scorer in Ellis, 4 star frosh Lands who was highly regarded, fairly highly regarded frosh in Ree, another top 100 frosh in Mike James key returning upperclassmen with experience in Withers, Traynor and big man Curry.

They have guys - Payne has looked lost as a HC.
Yeah if you go by HS recruiting rankings they have the third most talented roster in the ACC.

I never got the UNC love pre season. They lost their x factor in Manek. Now they are a team that isn't that great shooting it from deep and is far less effective on the boards than a normal UNC team. Nance is a ND type big and too soft. They could really have things go off the rails for them. Not to where we are but certainly to battling to get an NCAA bid.
I said all pre-season UNC was way overhyped. People have such short memories, all they remember is that UNC made it to the Championship game. They weren't a great team all season, and they lost a major piece. Decent team, just not worth all the ridiculous hype.

I said all pre-season UNC was way overhyped. People have such short memories, all they remember is that UNC made it to the Championship game. They weren't a great team all season, and they lost a major piece. Decent team, just not worth all the ridiculous hype.

They better either start hitting shots or being their usual selves on the glass. They haven't been good at all even in most of their wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom