ACC Games for Jan 2-3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Jan 2-3

Geez. Positive tests are going to happen for all programs multiple times. Cant just keep postponing games and pausing teams seasons. Just isolate positives and their closest contacts. Why is this so difficult.
I think a lot of schools have done a poor job during school vacation. Very few people are on campus yet they created a sieve vs a bubble. They need to do something if the season is to continue. How serious are these programs taking this. Maybe they just can't make it happen and more schools will opt out.

Yeah I don't get how extended quarantine is more effective than like a 5 day quarantine with multiple negative tests.

Yeah I don't get how extended quarantine is more effective than like a 5 day quarantine with multiple negative tests.

Because you often won’t even test positive until as many as 7+ days after exposure.

Tests done “too soon” after initial exposure often come back negative.

Which leads to a false sense of security, since one would then believe they’re not infected -
and then potentially spread the infection all over the place.

Now you get it. Unless you choose not to.

Because you often won’t even test positive until as many as 7+ days after exposure.

Tests done “too soon” after initial exposure often come back negative.

Which leads to a false sense of security, since one would then believe they’re not infected -
and then potentially spread the infection all over the place.

Now you get it. Unless you choose not to.
Thanks for your comment (minus the snarkiness).

Incubation period can be up to 14 days. That's where that original number came from. Are you saying we should go back to that and then do standard (not rapid) tests for a 18 day layoff (>3 week to get back up to speed)? Even then, how do you know quarantine has been followed?

There's risk no matter how you approach it. My thought is: if you test 30 people 5 days after exposure (when test is 80% effective) you'd likely find any problems. I also think a 20 year old's social circle grows when you take them out of organized activities.

Your thought process, where everything is definite with this virus has been the problematic approach since the beginning. You also seem to be of the mind that everyone is all in on combating the virus or a complete non-believer. That's also problematic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom