ACC Games for Jan 30-31 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Jan 30-31

I wonder, could SU have done better than 81-59 if they played man against UVA?
Look at undersized Vtech, just weird when you compare the past 2 games
Aluma destroyed Huff ... we had no one who would have done that

These losses are so lopsided what a weird year. We should be more towards the top of the league and we are arent

I wonder, could SU have done better than 81-59 if they played man against UVA?
Look at undersized Vtech, just weird when you compare the past 2 games

Aluma destroyed Huff ... we had no one who would have done that
... and limited Hauser to 10 points. We were missing uncontested layups in the 2nd half.

... and limited Hauser to 10 points. We were missing uncontested layups in the 2nd half.
I can't help but snicker watching midget Clark go to the hoop time after time thinking he's Kyrie and either missing or getting swatted as apparently a feature of your offense and Bennet apparently fine with it - dude is great as a leader/distributer (as seen last Monday night) but still doesn't seem to understand his limitations

I can't help but snicker watching midget Clark go to the hoop time after time thinking he's Kyrie and either missing or getting swatted as apparently a feature of your offense and Bennet apparently fine with it - dude is great as a leader/distributer (as seen last Monday night) but still doesn't seem to understand his limitations
He has to do a better job of recognizing when he can continue to the basket. There have been several times when he's dodged around people in the lane for layups or scored on a step-back jumper. The winning basket vs. Ga Tech (his only basket of the night) was a step-back off a drive of the lane after having several swatted away all night. I would imagine the goal is for him to drive the lane, draw people in to cover him and either kick out to Hauser or Murphy or dish to the center, and if no one picks him up to continue to the rim. It may be a spacing problem that the opponent center is still close enough to the lane that he can wait before leaving Huff preventing the pass and still have time to get over and block Clark's shot. Maybe Huff needs to be a step or two further from the basket?

He has to do a better job of recognizing when he can continue to the basket. There have been several times when he's dodged around people in the lane for layups or scored on a step-back jumper. The winning basket vs. Ga Tech (his only basket of the night) was a step-back off a drive of the lane after having several swatted away all night. I would imagine the goal is for him to drive the lane, draw people in to cover him and either kick out to Hauser or Murphy or dish to the center, and if no one picks him up to continue to the rim. It may be a spacing problem that the opponent center is still close enough to the lane that he can wait before leaving Huff preventing the pass and still have time to get over and block Clark's shot. Maybe Huff needs to be a step or two further from the basket?
I dunno but he was awful last night, I'd argue a big reason for Hokie's 2nd half surge was Clark trying to play hero

I dunno but he was awful last night, I'd argue a big reason for Hokie's 2nd half surge was Clark trying to play hero
That and no one else could buy a basket if they tried. We scored 22 points in the 2nd half and shot 3-4 from the line and 36.5% for the game, definitely makes it more difficult to win like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom