ACC Games for Mar 1-3 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Mar 1-3

If I'm reading the standings correctly, which I'm definitely not, then it seems like NC State beating ND (right now) would be very helpful for Cuse.

1) Helps bump NC State into Quad 1 and Quad 2 wins
2) Consider the Duke UNC game this weekend. If Duke wins, Cuse can finish 7th ahead of UNC and avoid the 8/9 game. If Duke loses (and NC St wins tonight), NC State would finish with a better record than Duke (assuming NC St doesn't find a replacement game this weekend). So, even if Duke loses to UNC, then NC State would finish 9th ahead of Duke, giving Cuse (the 8 seed in this scenario) an easier matchup in the 8/9 game.

View attachment 197380

View attachment 197381
I’m hoping for the 8/9 game. I don’t want anything to do with UVA.

I’m hoping for the 8/9 game. I don’t want anything to do with UVA.

Syracuse picked up a critical 64-54 win over Clemson Wednesday night, keeping NCAA Tournament hopes alive. Next up for the Orange is the ACC Tournament. Syracuse is locked into the eight seed, meaning it will play in the second round on Wednesday, March 10th at noon. Who Syracuse plays, however, is still up in the air.

As the eight seed, the Orange will face the nine seed. That will be determined by Duke's game Saturday night at North Carolina. If the Blue Devils win, Syracuse will face them. If the Blue Devils lose to the Tar Heels, as they did 91-87 earlier this season, Syracuse will get a third matchup with NC State.

Syracuse picked up a critical 64-54 win over Clemson Wednesday night, keeping NCAA Tournament hopes alive. Next up for the Orange is the ACC Tournament. Syracuse is locked into the eight seed, meaning it will play in the second round on Wednesday, March 10th at noon. Who Syracuse plays, however, is still up in the air.

As the eight seed, the Orange will face the nine seed. That will be determined by Duke's game Saturday night at North Carolina. If the Blue Devils win, Syracuse will face them. If the Blue Devils lose to the Tar Heels, as they did 91-87 earlier this season, Syracuse will get a third matchup with NC State.

i don’t think we are locked into 8. I think we can finish ahead of Clemson if they lose to Pitt and unc wins or we can finish ahead of unc if they and Clemson lose causing a 3 way tie with us.

i don’t think we are locked into 8. I think we can finish ahead of Clemson if they lose to Pitt and unc wins or we can finish ahead of unc if they and Clemson lose causing a 3 way tie with us.
I think you are right. If UNC wins and Clemson loses they get the 6 and we would get the 7 based on our better win against VT to their Louisville. If both lose, we still can get the 7 cause we have a better record in the three way tie. UNC would be the 8.

He updated it:

Syracuse will only be the seven or the eight seed in the ACC Tournament.

The most likely scenario is as the eight seed. Syracuse has split with both Clemson and North Carolina, both of whom have one game left. If either loses, the ACC record would tie Syracuse's. The tiebreaker after head to head is record against the team occupying the highest position in the regular season standings would determine the seeding. Both North Carolina and Clemson beat Florida State, who is currently in the top spot (and will clinch it with wins over Boston College and Notre Dame in its final two regular season games).

There is an outside chance Syracuse could move up to the seven seed. Clemson plays Pittsburgh on Saturday and North Carolina plays Duke. If both lose, then Syracuse, Clemson and North Carolina would all be 9-7 in conference. In that scenario, a three team conference is created where their records against each other determines seeding. Clemson is 2-1 against North Carolina and Syracuse this season. Syracuse is 2-2. North Carolina is 1-2.

That would put Clemson as the six seed, Syracuse as the seven and North Carolina as the eight.

Pittsburgh is missing two of its best players as they entered the transfer portal recently, and the Panthers winning at Clemson does not seem likely. Sports are funny, however.

He updated it:

Syracuse will only be the seven or the eight seed in the ACC Tournament.

The most likely scenario is as the eight seed. Syracuse has split with both Clemson and North Carolina, both of whom have one game left. If either loses, the ACC record would tie Syracuse's. The tiebreaker after head to head is record against the team occupying the highest position in the regular season standings would determine the seeding. Both North Carolina and Clemson beat Florida State, who is currently in the top spot (and will clinch it with wins over Boston College and Notre Dame in its final two regular season games).

There is an outside chance Syracuse could move up to the seven seed. Clemson plays Pittsburgh on Saturday and North Carolina plays Duke. If both lose, then Syracuse, Clemson and North Carolina would all be 9-7 in conference. In that scenario, a three team conference is created where their records against each other determines seeding. Clemson is 2-1 against North Carolina and Syracuse this season. Syracuse is 2-2. North Carolina is 1-2.

That would put Clemson as the six seed, Syracuse as the seven and North Carolina as the eight.

Pittsburgh is missing two of its best players as they entered the transfer portal recently, and the Panthers winning at Clemson does not seem likely. Sports are funny, however.

so he read the post.

Before the game, Clemson has the highest RPI 6th among all ACC schools and ours is the63th. After the game, Clemson only dropped to the 11th and ours improved to the 51th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom