ACC Games for March 8 [ACCT 1st Round] | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for March 8 [ACCT 1st Round]

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Tuesday, March 8
First Round

2 p.m. – No. 12 Pitt vs. No. 13 Boston College (ACC Network)
4:30 p.m. – No. 10 Clemson vs. No. 15 NC State (ACC Network)
7 p.m. – No. 11 Louisville vs. No. 14 Georgia Tech (ACC Network)

FNVYzkdWQAEErC5

Hypothetical: let's say we shock the world and win four games in four days. Are we absolutely guaranteed to be an 11 seed and in a play-in game?

Hypothetical: let's say we shock the world and win four games in four days. Are we absolutely guaranteed to be an 11 seed and in a play-in game?

Conference tournament winners can’t be in those “play-in games” that are usually on the 11 or 12 seed lines. Those are for the last 4 at-large teams to qualify.

Hypothetically if hell froze over and Syracuse won the ACC tournament I think they would be somewhere in the 8/9 range.

Nobody shows the 1st Tuesday. It's the 6 worst teams in the league.
Nobody shows at all….. not just Tuesday….so I live in NYC metro , I’m going tomorrow, I have to. And because I’m a cockeyed optimist, this afternoon I started perusing seat geek and stub hub and vivid seats for a Thursday evening session ticket. I found a bunch obviously…… starting at 16 dollars. And in the process of searching for Thursday evening tickets BigEast MSG showed up too. The cheapest there was 120 for Thursday . Same session. I’d be lying if I didn’t say it made me a bit nostalgic.

I get it. We need to be in ACC . Football, tv money , blah blah blah. It’s fine I’ve made peace with it. But man, I miss the big East at msg in March. And we may say it’s not the same, but the ticket market for the exact same comparison says different. Kinda depressing.

Louisville in the process of blowing a 27 point lead to GT.

Remember the good old days when the ACC 10,11 and even 12 games had bubble implications? Now the 8-9 game will be two also rans.

I know things are cyclical, but wow the ACC is trash this season, and recruiting hasn't exactly been good either.

Nobody shows at all….. not just Tuesday….so I live in NYC metro , I’m going tomorrow, I have to. And because I’m a cockeyed optimist, this afternoon I started perusing seat geek and stub hub and vivid seats for a Thursday evening session ticket. I found a bunch obviously…… starting at 16 dollars. And in the process of searching for Thursday evening tickets BigEast MSG showed up too. The cheapest there was 120 for Thursday . Same session. I’d be lying if I didn’t say it made me a bit nostalgic.

I get it. We need to be in ACC . Football, tv money , blah blah blah. It’s fine I’ve made peace with it. But man, I miss the big East at msg in March. And we may say it’s not the same, but the ticket market for the exact same comparison says different. Kinda depressing.
Are you also a simple country boy like Biily Mumphrey? ;)

Conference tournament winners can’t be in those “play-in games” that are usually on the 11 or 12 seed lines. Those are for the last 4 at-large teams to qualify.

Hypothetically if hell froze over and Syracuse won the ACC tournament I think they would be somewhere in the 8/9 range.

ACC is nowhere near strong enough for us to get that sort of jump from winning the ACC tourney. We don't have a great resume and winning 4 games in the ACC is not going to generate the win quality like it would in prior years ... even with the Duke win.

We would most likely be a 12 seed, at best an 11 (in a non play in line)

But in the end this point doesn't really matter!

ACC is nowhere near strong enough for us to get that sort of jump from winning the ACC tourney. We don't have a great resume and winning 4 games in the ACC is not going to generate the win quality like it would in prior years ... even with the Duke win.

After we win the ACC tourney by an average of 37ppg, nobody wants us as a 10 seed.

BC and Wake tied with 3 mins left

why don’t other teams zone BC?

does this knock Wake out if they lose this game?

BC and Wake tied with 3 mins left

why don’t other teams zone BC?

does this knock Wake out if they lose this game?

Wake going to need some help I think. Just a few bid stealers and they are probably out.

If VT and Ville happened to win, it's a former Big East dominated quarterfinal. With SU, ND, Miami, VT, Ville and BC vs Duke and UNC.

We’d get a 10 IMO if we won the ACCT

We’d get a 10 IMO if we won the ACCT

Looking at what happened last year, the 12 seed is the very likely scenario if we win the ACC (which of course is very unlikely)

Georgetown and Oregon St were 12 seeds last year after being surprise winners of their tournaments.
Syracuse resume would not be any better than those two.

Oregon St had 5 Q1 wins, Georgetown had 3 Q1 wins.
Syracuse would have 2 or 3 Q1 wins.

Another way to look at it is this:
- Would a team with 3 Q1 wins, 5 Q3 losses, and a NET in the 70's have any chance at an large bid. They would not.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom