ACC Games for Nov 25-27 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Games for Nov 25-27

Yukon will be playing only two ranked teams this season, unless St. John's keeps winning. Alabama, whom they've already beat and two conference games vs Creighton. They could have a Gonzaga type of record by regular season end since the Big East is somewhat down this year.

Big East has had their worst OOC in many, many years.
ACC, Big East have been bad in OOC so far, and PAC-12 really bad.

Top seeds and overall # of seeds will be dominated by BIG, SEC and B12 this year.

I'd guess they end up a top 4 seed in a region.
Barring any major injuries we should be at worst a 2 seed. There will obviously be some let downs but Creighton is the only team remaining that can beat us if we bring our B game or worse. We played our worst game of the season yesterday against Iowa State and won by 18. Just for context:

- Our two best players scored a combined 6 points and played a combined 26 minutes
- The bench out scores starters 41-30
- We had 19 turnovers
- We shot 27% from 3
- Our freshman backup center won MOP and he’s not even the best freshman or center on the team

UConn has never had a team this deep. I was a bit skeptical coming into the season and even the PKI, but not anymore. We laid waste to everyone we played and I cannot point to a better team in the country at the moment. Maybe Arizona? Purdue? I know Hurley is not at all popular on this board. I get it! But he has stuck to his roadmap to build UConn back. It took some time to get players to fit what he’s wanted to do. Now we have multiple ball handlers and shooters with great post play and the results are promising thus far.

Last edited:
Barring any major injuries we should be at worst a 2 seed. There will obviously be some let downs but Creighton is the only team remaining that can beat us if we bring our B game or worse. We played our worst game of the season yesterday against Iowa State and won by 18. Just for context:

- Our two best players scored a combined 6 points and played a combined 26 minutes
- We had 19 turnovers
- We shot 27% from 3

UConn has never had a team this deep. I was a bit skeptical coming into the season and even the PKI, but not anymore. We laid waste to everyone we played and I cannot point to a better team in the country at the moment. Maybe Arizona? Purdue?
Virginia
Houston
Texas

You can add Arizona, Carolina and Purdue to that list. The6 will all outscore the puppies.
I'm not sure about Carolina. The Manek loss looks pretty big right now and they don't seem to play much defense this year. Indiana and Auburn have looked pretty good early as well.

- We had 19 turnovers
- We shot 27% from 3
- Our freshman backup center won MOP and he’s not even the best freshman or center on the team

UConn has never had a team this deep. I was a bit skeptical coming into the season and even the PKI, but not anymore. We laid waste to everyone we played and I cannot point to a better team in the country at the moment. Maybe Arizona? Purdue? I know Hurley is not at all popular on this board. I get it! But he has stuck to his roadmap to build UConn back. It took some time to get players to fit what he’s wanted to do. Now we have multiple ball handlers and shooters with great post play and the results are promising thus far.
Flying under the radar. :rolleyes:

- We had 19 turnovers
- We shot 27% from 3

The Big East has nowhere near the OOC showing as a conference as it did in prior years.
That limits the top seed potential of its best teams because the NCAA tournament top seed lines are still heavily based on Q1 + Q2 wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom