ACC Homers in North Carolina | Syracusefan.com

ACC Homers in North Carolina

durhamcuse

Walk On
Our local broadcast crew has a guy who guarantees a Duke win against Syracuse on Saturday. Although I think that Duke played great against us and they are on a great roll and I could see them beating us, it is crazy how anti-Syracuse they are down here. Really, they're just against the new teams in the league, talking about how we don't really understand ACC basketball and how we're going to be shown the Tobacco Road way of play. Them Cameron Crazies are going to rattle us out of our game and the refs won't even need to help Duke, like they helped Syracuse with some home cooking in the friendly confines of that little old Carrier Dome.

They were adamant that State got screwed with that call. I've watched that replay over a few times, and Cooney fouls him early before there is a move to the basket. Definitely a continuation in the NBA, but not an and-1 in college.

Regardless, it is extremely annoying to live here in the heart of ACC country and hear nothing but Duke, UNC, and NC State all day every day. David Glenn even hosts a show about the ACC, but he only really talks about the North Carolina schools. Very annoying.

Venting over. Go Cuse!

And nobody seems to think Duke will be our new rival! When we beat then in football in the dome next year watch out.

I'm with you. Same thing here in Greensboro. I love it! Let's pack the GSO Coliseum with Orange and Blue for the ACC Tourneylike we did the Joel in Winston...LGO!!!

The thing that cracks me up when reading the UNC, State, and Duke boards is the bitterness about conference expansion. A huge percentage of their fanbase s are upset about the additions of all these new teams. I think part of it is nostalgia for the past...but a big part of it is the realization that the political stranglehold the Tobbacco Road mafia has had over the league is probably a thing of the past.

At some point the ACC tourney will get moved (for at least a year) from Greensboro to NYC...and those fans are going to go batcrap crazy when that happens.

Yeah I'm near Greensboro too. Lots of hate... although State fans seem the most bitter, even before the last game.

The thing that cracks me up when reading the UNC, State, and Duke boards is the bitterness about conference expansion. A huge percentage of their fanbase s are upset about the additions of all these new teams. I think part of it is nostalgia for the past...but a big part of it is the realization that the political stranglehold the Tobbacco Road mafia has had over the league is probably a thing of the past.

At some point the ACC tourney will get moved (for at least a year) from Greensboro to NYC...and those fans are going to go batcrap crazy when that happens.
I agree. I am going to enjoy the ride in Greensboro over the next 2 years.

Somebody should really start supplying tobacco road with some diapers, the whining and crying is gonna get so much worse when 'Ville hops in. They literally gonna start shi**ing themselves. Just imagine if they end up sending someone like UConn an invite in the future as well, to make it a 16 team conference. Christ himself couldn't save the state of North Carolina.

Read with me... Noth-Care-Lina.

Inbred, bath salts and moonshine.

Syracuse owns the entire state of NC this year. Thanks for playing.

I see why State is upset. They have fought for decades to get into that top echelon in the conference. Now here comes Syracuse who is #1 immediately. Now there is another rung on the ladder above them. On top of it, Louisville will come in and bump them down yet another rung. So in effect, after years of struggle, their program is moving backwards. I get why that bothers them. It will be worse still when the media creates an elite quartet in the league of Duke, UNC, Syracuse, and Louisville.

Our local broadcast crew has a guy who guarantees a Duke win against Syracuse on Saturday. Although I think that Duke played great against us and they are on a great roll and I could see them beating us, it is crazy how anti-Syracuse they are down here. Really, they're just against the new teams in the league, talking about how we don't really understand ACC basketball and how we're going to be shown the Tobacco Road way of play. Them Cameron Crazies are going to rattle us out of our game and the refs won't even need to help Duke, like they helped Syracuse with some home cooking in the friendly confines of that little old Carrier Dome.

They were adamant that State got screwed with that call. I've watched that replay over a few times, and Cooney fouls him early before there is a move to the basket. Definitely a continuation in the NBA, but not an and-1 in college.

Regardless, it is extremely annoying to live here in the heart of ACC country and hear nothing but Duke, UNC, and NC State all day every day. David Glenn even hosts a show about the ACC, but he only really talks about the North Carolina schools. Very annoying.

Venting over. Go Cuse!
Will Cameron be safe for two women in Orange on Saturday? ;););););)

Last edited:

Venting over. Go Cuse!

When in Rome, that's what the Romans do.

Will Cameron be safe for two women in Orange on Saturday?

Do these women have any cousins from that neck of the woods?

Two things that most people do not like and cannot handle well; conflict and change. The ACC has created a condition that has melded these two into a bitter pill that Tobacco Road can't swallow.

...Really, they're just against the new teams in the league, talking about how we don't really understand ACC basketball and how we're going to be shown the Tobacco Road way of play...

Venting over. Go Cuse!

We don't understand ACC basketball?
Seems we understand it just fine.
And overall it's not as good as old school Big East basketball.
We already knew that when the ACC invited us to join their rinky dink league.

I don't know - let's ask them.
Orange women.jpg

And not just that, there is now a team in the league that is, at least over the last few seasons, just flat-out better than they are.

If Duke shoots 5-24 from 3-pt range like they did against MD we will win by double digits. If they shoot 15-36 like they did in the dome they will probably win. Me thinks they will go 7-31 and we win by 6 pts.

I do not like the Cameron Crazies, mostly because they aren't, for the most part, polite fans. However, I think you'll be fine. Enjoy the Southern hospitality:)

Cuse is in the House!

I love the passion...I wish football had more of it in the ACC like this, here's hoping that someday soon it does.

Theres more duke haters then cuse haters out there. We are athletic and full of swag duke is for dorks
.I was shocked lebron and wade went to the duke game at miami but skipped us, wade must still be soar over 2003. They missed a chance to see the best freshmen in the class in Ennis, and the most athletic forward in the country in Grant.

I imagine half the acc doesn't welcome us, but hates Duke.
Hope UNC and then Cuse beat them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom