ACC Hoops Final being moved to Saturday night? | Syracusefan.com

ACC Hoops Final being moved to Saturday night?

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
David Teel‏@DavidTeelatDP·3 mins
Expect basketball news from these #ACC spring meetings. Moving tournament final back to Saturday night strong possibility.

David Teel‏@DavidTeelatDP·58 secs
#ACC commish John Swofford told me in March that decision on Saturday night hoops final "would be no later than our spring meeting." So ...

David Teel‏@DavidTeelatDP·3 mins
Expect basketball news from these #ACC spring meetings. Moving tournament final back to Saturday night strong possibility.

David Teel‏@DavidTeelatDP·58 secs
#ACC commish John Swofford told me in March that decision on Saturday night hoops final "would be no later than our spring meeting." So ...
That is great. Positions the ACC to eventually take the BE slots at MSG perfectly.

Also works a lot better for fans who travel to the ACC tournament and want to get home in time to watch the March Madness Selection Show.

Fantastic. Sunday afternoon Conference Championship games are such a drag.

I really like this. The ACC finals were played on Saturday night forever. TV(of course) decided to move it to Sunday.
Also gets Clemson's one and done over a day early to get an early start on the weekend.

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. – The Atlantic Coast Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament will move to a Tuesday through Saturday format beginning with the 62nd annual event in 2015.

The new tournament schedule, mutually agreed upon by the ACC and ESPN, will feature Friday semifinal games at 7 and 9 p.m. ET, followed by the championship game on Saturday evening at 8:30 p.m. All 14 tournament games will continue to be televised nationally by ESPN and the ACC Network.

Today’s announcement came in conjunction with the ACC’s annual Spring Meetings.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...re-Saturday-Championship-Game_05-13-14_5andex

Chris McManus‏@ChrisESPNCNY 54s
ACC gets things done. What a concept.

:):p:D:E

This also brings the Semis to Friday night, another plus.

Havent seen all the reactions, but seems like a lot of the original ACC fans are down on this which I just dont understand. Semifinals Saturday afternoon and championship on Sunday afternoon this year were a bore in my opinion, they just weren't that exciting. Probably didnt help that Cuse got bounced but primetime is where its at and if you want to be marketed as the premier conference, you need to be in the spotlight and these new time slots do just that.

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. – The Atlantic Coast Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament will move to a Tuesday through Saturday format beginning with the 62nd annual event in 2015.

The new tournament schedule, mutually agreed upon by the ACC and ESPN, will feature Friday semifinal games at 7 and 9 p.m. ET, followed by the championship game on Saturday evening at 8:30 p.m. All 14 tournament games will continue to be televised nationally by ESPN and the ACC Network.

Today’s announcement came in conjunction with the ACC’s annual Spring Meetings.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...re-Saturday-Championship-Game_05-13-14_5andex
This will place the ACC semis and final on ESPN exactly opposite the BET which is on FS1.

Havent seen all the reactions, but seems like a lot of the original ACC fans are down on this which I just dont understand. Semifinals Saturday afternoon and championship on Sunday afternoon this year were a bore in my opinion, they just weren't that exciting. Probably didnt help that Cuse got bounced but primetime is where its at and if you want to be marketed as the premier conference, you need to be in the spotlight and these new time slots do just that.
Nobody cares about the tourney finals on Sunday. That day is all about the Selection Show. Great move putting the finals on Sat night primetime.

Nobody cares about the tourney finals on Sunday. That day is all about the Selection Show. Great move putting the finals on Sat night primetime.
Agree with this. Sunday is for selection Sunday.

Agree with this. Sunday is for selection Sunday.
Sunday is for slowly Hair of the Dogging your way to the Selection show, after 3 stellar nights of hoop.

watching those conference finals on sunday after the BET final, was like watching 1 of those non bcs bowls played after new years.

even this years BET final was the highlight of the whole weekend.

I predict old Big East fans (now in the ACC) will invade the bars around MSG on Friday and Saturday nights to drink and harass the remaining "new" Big East fans. As the several thousand "new" BE fans trudge off to their game at MSG the old BE fans will watch their games on TVs in the Blarney, Stout, etc...