ACC looking to increase buyout | Syracusefan.com

ACC looking to increase buyout

Alsacs

Living Legend
http://espn.go.com/ncf/conversation...ng-upping-buyout-leave-conference-sources-say

If the ACC is doing this you gotta believe the Big East is thinking about it. Honestly, its looking more and more likely that their is eventually going to be a marriage between the Big East football schools and the ACC football schools as the 4th super-conference. If ACC is doing this you gotta believe that Va Tech is sending feelers out to the SEC to be the 14th team. As much as I like WVU I just can't see the SEC taking West Virginia over Virginia Tech or Maryland as the 14th member. Both UMD and VPI would bring a new market and are more likely than West Virginia.

I see this whole thing falling apart.

Texas pissed off everyone and now their best play is to stay put in the B12. The Oklahoma(s) think better of leaving and stay put as well.

The only moves will be aTm and WVU to the SEC. BYU to the B12 and UCF to the BE.

Everything else remains the same.

I see this whole thing falling apart.
The only moves will be aTm and WVU to the SEC. BYU to the B12 and UCF to the BE.

God forbid. Replacing WV with UCF is a UCF'in' nightmare.

can espn put pressure on the ACC schools to up their buyouts? and thus protect their product. more manipulation from espn.

I agree that a Big East - ACC merger is inevitable.

It makes way too much sense.

They are better off merging and forming a new conference
i'm not a media expert but the reasons i think would be

1. acc schools joining the big east wont happen cuz of the BB only schools
2. Big East schools joining the ACC would lock us all in to a shitty TV deal for the next 13 years

I would assume making a new conference big east FB schools could shrug off the BB schools and all the schools in a new conference would let the ACC get outa there tv deal so they could take a new deal out to the open market.

Not sure if thats right just the way i was thinking about it

http://espn.go.com/ncf/conversation...ng-upping-buyout-leave-conference-sources-say

If the ACC is doing this you gotta believe the Big East is thinking about it. Honestly, its looking more and more likely that their is eventually going to be a marriage between the Big East football schools and the ACC football schools as the 4th super-conference. If ACC is doing this you gotta believe that Va Tech is sending feelers out to the SEC to be the 14th team. As much as I like WVU I just can't see the SEC taking West Virginia over Virginia Tech or Maryland as the 14th member. Both UMD and VPI would bring a new market and are more likely than West Virginia.

I have heard rumors the last 2 days about BC and maryland having conversations with the BE or vise versa.i didnt post it hear becouse i dont like to post unless i have links to information to somewhat back it up. I heard marrinatto mentioned it on a radio show and a few other fellows heard others on espn radio in there areas talking about it. I dont really believe it without links to an article or the radio show that broadcasted it, but i guess it is still good water cooler talk.

Then after i hear those rumors this comes out of V-tech's ad who just said 3 days ago the the ACC was 100% stable and they have no reason to look for another conference.

Now this buy out thing

I give this theory maybe at best 3% chance

Raise your hand if you could envision TCU joining the Big East 5 years ago. Thought so. I've given up on saying "never".

My point is that the B12 meltdown has spooked every conference. We aren't going to see mass migrations of teams from one conference to another. My opinion is that realignment is going to be a slow...methodical process over the next 7 to 10 years.

Raise your hand if you could envision TCU joining the Big East 5 years ago. Thought so. I've given up on saying "never".

My point is that the B12 meltdown has spooked every conference. We aren't going to see mass migrations of teams from one conference to another. My opinion is that realignment is going to be a slow...methodical process over the next 7 to 10 years.

Also the B12 if falling apart becouse of a bad business model not so much a result of conferences wanting to get to 16. It just so happend there is a couple great programs in the big 12-2-1 that are wanted by other conferences.

My opinion is that realignment is going to be a slow...methodical process over the next 7 to 10 years.

I don't disagree, but I think that there could be moves that spark more than one team going to a conference at a time. Playing devil's advocate, if TX and ND were to go to the Big 10, I think that could spark several moves by other conferences. If those two teams were to go to the Big 10, it becomes more attractive from a media perspective than all others by far.

I don't disagree, but I think that there could be moves that spark more than one team going to a conference at a time. Playing devil's advocate, if TX and ND were to go to the Big 10, I think that could spark several moves by other conferences. If those two teams were to go to the Big 10, it becomes more attractive from a media perspective than all others by far.

Obviously if one of the remaining big boys from the Bevo 9 jumps, then things will happen pretty quickly to snap up the rest, then all hell could break loose. Now it seems the momentum has slowed and those schools are taking the time to reevaluate where things are and in the end this little flurry could only result in the aTm move and then a small move by Bevo 9 to add a BYU or SMU or some other small move to get back to 10 without disturbing the others.

The next big question would then be what is the SEC's move, do they stay at an awkward 13, move to a less awkward 14 or make moves to get to 16. They've tried hard to not seem predatory in this process so I'm not sure how eager they'll be to set off the next conference nuclear bomb, so they might sit tight at 13 for a year or 2 to see how it plays out while waiting for the landscape to settle. That way they can really assess what schools might be available and want to apply for SEC membership (plus gives them the chance to incrementally adjust their TV contract so they could get the bump this year, then another bump when expanding again).

Just throwing out my own guesses, everyone else on the internet seems to be doing it these days. :D