ACC Media Day thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Media Day thread

ACC Media Day thread... but, F Ped State.

Found this on the Pitt board:

Which ones of these are not like the others?

At least we're not the Hokie.

View attachment 4290
First thing I thought of was the Central Park scene from The Warriors (currently making the rounds on IFC or Sundance) - "We're goin' up there just like everyone else - two guys, no uniforms.

Swofford/Cyrus: "Can you count, suckers? I say, the future is ours... if you can count!"

Now I'm going to have to spend the rest of the morning equating ACC teams to gangs from the movie...

I get that it may make sense in terms of local reporting, but this isn't North Carolina and in this day and age local articles are more easily picked up by areas outside of their local region. So a headline like "Big Questions for the Big Four in ACC Football" during ACC Football Media Days just doesn't help the ACC's damaged football image.

Peace,
Neil
It just shows the mentality of the local fans and media. Hopefully it will change!

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 41s
Pitt & Syracuse will receive full shares 1st year in ACC; in 2012-13 made $3-4M w/Big East; in 2013-14 gets $20M w/ACC

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN 42s
Pitt & SU get full share 1st year in ACC; WVU & TCU don't til 4th year in B12; Md. & RU don't til 7th year in B1G