ACC Men's BB Championship to be played in NC in 2025-2029 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Men's BB Championship to be played in NC in 2025-2029

It's fine. It's centrally located. NC NCS Wake Duke VA VT in the house everyone else other than TX and Cal easy trip. Makes sense.

Did Brooklyn not bid on it?

Guess DC cannot since we don't know what the arena situation is going to be...
To me(!), it's the Garden or bust in NYC. Brooklyn fell flat.
  • I'd like to see it rotate between DC (arena situation a bit unknown) and Charlotte
  • I think a reasonable argument could be made that Tampa could get a nibble once a decade. And perhaps the same for Boston.
  • I'm being respectful, but Greensboro's time has past and should simply not be in the equation. If this was a parting gift for the HQ moving, then I begrudgingly get it. But no more.

5 years is probably the remaining lifetime of the ACC.
Living down here, the ACC always has been and always
will be a mid Atlantic oriented conference. The only
real issue with that is how it impacts recruiting, more
in basketball than football. The old Big East will always
be the natural fit for SU, but that's all water over the dam.

Soccer and Tennis have always been at Cary.

Rowing has always been in Charlottesville or Raleigh.

Disappointed that LAX isn't rotating between each school. Of course, if only 4 MLAX teams make the ACCT, it would be embarrassing to be the assigned host if you're not playing.

Golf, Swimming and Baseball? Not my problem.
Rowing has always been at Clemson's Lake Hartwell (a reservoir of the Savannah River), not Charlottesville. or Raleigh.

I don't think the ACC liked putting up the costs of sending the men's teams to South Bend and Syracuse (much as they should have) and the women's teams to Boston, South Bend, Syracuse, Louisville, or the Bay Area.

It's not like there are several arenas in major metropolitan areas other than Charlotte. I mean, Atlanta, Miami, DC, Boston, Pittsburgh, etc.

If the ACC wants to be a national player in the college sports world, they need to get out of Tobacco Road. Big 10 holds their championships all over the place, same with the SEC. Big12 is always in KC, but that's another parochial decision because Kansas. PAC12 is in Las Vegas, but why not and there are no Pac12 schools there.

That’s 5 years of tournaments I won’t be going to.

FIFY.
I don't care - kick their butts out. With our play there we own the place.

Tell the ACC to play in a place that matters.

Charlotte? Foolish people. :rolleyes:

This was part of the deal to move the conference offices to Charlotte. The state of NC put up a fair amount of money.

It's not like there are several arenas in major metropolitan areas other than Charlotte. I mean, Atlanta, Miami, DC, Boston, Pittsburgh, etc.

If the ACC wants to be a national player in the college sports world, they need to get out of Tobacco Road. Big 10 holds their championships all over the place, same with the SEC. Big12 is always in KC, but that's another parochial decision because Kansas. PAC12 is in Las Vegas, but why not and there are no Pac12 schools there.
The SEC is in Nashville until 2030…

I don't care - kick their butts out. With our play there we own the place.

Tell the ACC to play in a place that matters.

Charlotte? Foolish people. :rolleyes:

I think the ACC fans (including SU) would have had to have had a better showing at Barkleys for MSG to be even a little tempted. But Big East still draws well, the ACC tourney in NY was an embarassment - the ACC ever getting to MSG is likely a pipe dream at this point.

Find relevant arenas excluding MSG. And which won’t be an embarrassment like Barkleys. Good luck…

This was part of the deal to move the conference offices to Charlotte. The state of NC put up a fair amount of money.
Then hold all the games in Charlotte. Greensboro offers nothing.

NY, DC, ATL, PHI, BOS, CHL, even ORL

All offer far more.