ACC Network Alert! Roku and YouTube TV access fee dispute. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Alert! Roku and YouTube TV access fee dispute.

I was given a nearly new Sony from a friend (who was upgrading) with all the apps but I really like my Roku Ultra and still use it over the preloaded apps. The only downer is the Roku remote eats batteries so I switched to rechargeable AAs but I love the headset input.

Here are a couple links on getting more from your TV. BTW, these get into some grey areas of legality but might help you get an SU game that is blacked out. I'm not into jailbreaking firesticks etc...but you decide for yourself. I don't mind paying for streaming but can't stand the constant fights between the companies.

An article worth reading

This is interesting (secret channels) and I'm going to try a few out over the next few weeks.

You can use the Roku app on your phone as a remote. Works really well, and easy to use headphones or air pods.

I remain thankful not to have to deal with these internet TV problems. Seems like it will keep getting worse before it gets better.

People seem to hate on Spectrum and wear it as badge of honor to say they don’t use them. It may cost a little more, however at least you’ll receive every station/network and will be done complaining about losing coverage. In life, you get what you pay for......being cheap isn’t an admirable trait.

Last edited:
People seem to hate on Spectrum and wear it as badge of honor to say they don’t use them. It may cost a little more, however at least you’ll receive every station/network and will be done complaining about losing coverage. In life, you get what you pay for...being cheap isn’t an admirable trait.
speak for yourself numerous issues with spectrum constant buffering, paying for speeds you dont ever get, customer service is awful, issues where something is supposed to be on a certain channel and its not showing

Interesting. I’ve had zero issues in that regard with YouTubeTV.

To me, it’s an extremely high quality service.

My issue is it lost channels I care about, added ones that I don’t, and jacked the prices way up from where they were when I first got it. The bang for your buck factor is no longer there.
Add those things to my list too lol.

AND - over the last 3 days, everything I’ve DVR has a voice/video delay that’s worse than just a tiny bit off. Even that is annoying but this is like a second. 3 shows I tried watching just now and yesterday. Service was great for me when I first got it last summer.

I received an e-mail from Roku today that gives instructions on a work-around if the dispute with YouTube TV can't be resolved. They suggest trying it now to be sure it works with your device.

An update for our Roku users: Today we’re introducing a feature that gives you a new way to access YouTube TV from within the YouTube app. This update will be available to all YouTube TV members on Roku over the next few days, and we will expand to as many devices as we can over time.​
Here is how it works:​
  • Make sure you have the YouTube app downloaded from the Roku Channel Store
  • From the YouTube app, simply click on “Go to YouTube TV” in the left-hand menu of the app
  • If it’s your first time doing this, you’ll need to sign in to YouTube TV

I received an e-mail from Roku today that gives instructions on a work-around if the dispute with YouTube TV can't be resolved. They suggest trying it now to be sure it works with your device.

An update for our Roku users: Today we’re introducing a feature that gives you a new way to access YouTube TV from within the YouTube app. This update will be available to all YouTube TV members on Roku over the next few days, and we will expand to as many devices as we can over time.​
Here is how it works:​
  • Make sure you have the YouTube app downloaded from the Roku Channel Store
  • From the YouTube app, simply click on “Go to YouTube TV” in the left-hand menu of the app
  • If it’s your first time doing this, you’ll need to sign in to YouTube TV
I just tried it. It works

My YouTubeTV app on my Roku still works fine.

:shrugs:

My YouTubeTV app on my Roku still works fine.

:shrugs:
Mine does, too, "for now". apparently negotiations are still underway between the two. I think Roku sent out the work-around both to keep people from buying a different device and to show Google their tactics won't work as well as they think.

Mine does, too, "for now". apparently negotiations are still underway between the two. I think Roku sent out the work-around both to keep people from buying a different device and to show Google their tactics won't work as well as they think.
It was YouTube that sent that hack though, not Roku. YouTube made the change to their app.

Update on the dispute -

The real reason behind the Roku-YouTube TV dispute just got a bit clearer, YouTube TV apparently has made some sort of deal with TiVo because I just got an e-mail offering me a free TiVo Stream device (normally $40) that will be capable of handling YouTube TV's upcoming premium 4K service (whatever that is). I want to interpret this to mean that folks will still be able to get the regular YouTube TV service on a Roku device or TV, but may not get the 4K service if Roku doesn't pony up more money on 4K-capable devices and TVs.

update on me ... i called into to cancel my spectrum cable package since promo was expiring and they gave me an additional year at promo rate so i stayed
What’s the promo rate?

update on me ... i called into to cancel my spectrum cable package since promo was expiring and they gave me an additional year at promo rate so i stayed
On the downside - it's Spectrum.

Sounds like I need to call and try to cancel out my spectrum
Yup...they didn't use to play the Time Warner game but I guess Spectrum realizes a discounted customer is better than no customer.. BTW, Chris lives in the Southern Tier too so they shouldn't give you it could be a different market BS.

Last edited:
On the downside - it's Spectrum.
there internet is still good, and in my area its spectrum or frontier and frontier blows 100 times more than spectrum

Sounds like I need to call and try to cancel out my spectrum
yea i was 100% cancelling and resigning up with hulu live tv if they didnt offer me the extended promo. She asked if i streamed too so maybe because of that they extended the promo?

I have directv and these stooges charge you for every box...dvr...HDTV..whole home...every thing you can think of

I'm canceling then tomorrow but last time I tried they made me an offer I can refuse