ACC Network Extra debuts tomorrow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Extra debuts tomorrow

That makes me think the contract SU signed with Time Warner Sports for Tier 3 content precludes SU from showing any Tier 3 content on other networks.

If this is true, I wonder how long the contract is for?

I bet BC has a similar situation...

Interesting...that makes sense

My connection said:

Smoke and mirrors until 2019.. These are just the Shook Productions (Maryland based and old school ACC) repackaged under the ACC Digital Network banner.

In other words, don't expect much change for the next several years.

cuseguy said:
My connection said: Smoke and mirrors until 2019.. These are just the Shook Productions (Maryland based and old school ACC) repackaged under the ACC Digital Network banner. In other words, don't expect much change for the next several years.

This makes sense

This is from some comments from Debbie Yow, at NC State, back in July.

Any new updates on the ACC Network?

“I’ve always been bullish on the ACC Network, even though I don’t know anything specifically about when it could happen. Nothing about that has changed.

“I do believe it is going to happen. I know there is a lot of publicity with the Big Ten and SEC networks. Ours is coming…

…“I will tell you this, there is another construction project and it’s a broadcast studio for the ACC Network. That would tell you I am very bullish on the ACC Network.

Whenever the ACC Network becomes a reality, we’ll need more HD cameras and other equipment over in the Murphy Center. That project is $6 million, and athletics is carrying that.

Wish we had an AD that knew about cameras and broadcasting. Sigh.

(I think Wildhack will be all over this)