ACC Network gone again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network gone again

Looks like Disney has broken AT&T. Great news for the ACC. I bet this means the ACCN will be carried nationally on DirectTV (like inferior products like BTN and SECN), and will be added to UVerse.

Maybe, just maybe revenues for the ACCN per school will exceed $5 million. If we get on the national platform on DirectTV, I think revenues end up closer to $10 million than $5 million, even without Comcast coming on line until next year.
sad.gif

I am terribly sorry. If I could make Comcast take the ACCN, I would.

Everyone knew that would be the hardest nut to crack. The good news is that with everyone else on board, there has to be strong pressure on Comcast to add the ACCN. Do they really want to force customers to go to another company? Do they really want to help DirectTV, Dish, YoutubeTV, etc. steal their customers?

Maybe they will bend here. The cord cutter pressure might make a difference; that didn't exist for their earlier hard stands.

But if they held firm against the Yankees, and took 18 months to add the B1GN, the changes don't look great right now.

I thought it was announced that network would be on Sling TV. Am I the only one who doesn't see it?

I thought it was announced that network would be on Sling TV. Am I the only one who doesn't see it?

Sling is owned by Dish network. You can get ACCN if you have Orange Extra. Very appropriate if you ask me.

There is apparently a new agreement between AT&T and Disney.

I predict it is going to put the ACCN on national distribution on Directv, just like the SECN and B1GN enjoy. I also believe it will result in UVerse adding the ACCN.

Two things to look for when further details are announced.

I am terribly sorry. If I could make Comcast take the ACCN, I would.

Everyone knew that would be the hardest nut to crack. The good news is that with everyone else on board, there has to be strong pressure on Comcast to add the ACCN. Do they really want to force customers to go to another company? Do they really want to help DirectTV, Dish, YoutubeTV, etc. steal their customers?

Maybe they will bend here. The cord cutter pressure might make a difference; that didn't exist for their earlier hard stands.

But if they held firm against the Yankees, and took 18 months to add the B1GN, the changes don't look great right now.
One of our posters returned his Comcast equipment to their local office in a FiOS bag and told them he dropped them because of the ACCN dispute.

One of our posters returned his Comcast equipment to their local office in a FiOS bag and told them he dropped them because of the ACCN dispute.
That is great. The only way Comcast i going to re-visit this decision is if it drives a significant loss in Comcast subscriptions/revenues. Even if the only thing you can do is drop Comcast cable TV and switch to YoutubeTV instead (keeping Comcast Internet).

It is easy for me to say this, and I know change is painful, but if you make the switch, you will get your ACCN games and likely save a lot of money. Getting 6 devices to stream from and unlimited DVR recordings, saving money and sticking it to the man (Comcast). Not the worst thing in the world to do...

That is great. The only way Comcast i going to re-visit this decision is if it drives a significant loss in Comcast subscriptions/revenues. Even if the only thing you can do is drop Comcast cable TV and switch to YoutubeTV instead (keeping Comcast Internet).

It is easy for me to say this, and I know change is painful, but if you make the switch, you will get your ACCN games and likely save a lot of money. Getting 6 devices to stream from and unlimited DVR recordings, saving money and sticking it to the man (Comcast). Not the worst thing in the world to do...
You would think they'd come to a deal just to have me stop calling them and taking up customer service time.
1569067410398.gif

You would think they'd come to a deal just to have me stop calling them and taking up customer service time. View attachment 170284
Boston Globe like tactics don’t work on businesses with guts and integrity so keep grinding. ;)

ACCN should get Shirley on it.

So anybody in a state without an ACC team and have Directv do you get ACCN regularly like you do SECN and BTN?

So anybody in a state without an ACC team and have Directv do you get ACCN regularly like you do SECN and BTN?

Yes, I do. In Texas. Channel 612, I believe.

Sling is owned by Dish network. You can get ACCN if you have Orange Extra. Very appropriate if you ask me.
That's what I thought. Just donn't see a picture of the ACC Network when I looked on their website under Sling Orange extra.

I live in TX, (Ft. Worth). Direct TV has the ACCN, but it's on a different tier than the SEC and B10 networks. You have to pay extra.

I didn't have to change my plan to get it, so I must have already had the higher tier.

I didn't have to change my plan to get it, so I must have already had the higher tier.
Confirmed. ACC Network is now available on U-verse and AT&T Now. Add another 4-5 million subscribers to the list. And ACCN is now streamable on DirectTV. I haven’t seen it confirmed but I bet ACCN is now set up like B1GN and SECN, so it is available nationally if you have the Choice Package or above. Can any DirectTV customers outside the ACC footprint states confirm that?c

Confirmed. ACC Network is now available on U-verse and AT&T Now. Add another 4-5 million subscribers to the list. And ACCN is now streamable on DirectTV. I haven’t seen it confirmed ...

Choice Package - can watch on TV, but cannot stream. Even after deleting and reloading the app. Maybe they just haven’t added it there yet. Can any DirectTV customers stream ACCN?

Additionally, since the demise of WatchESPN, I cannot watch anything but ESPN+ programming (bought separately) within the ESPN app itself. Says I’m unauthorized and to contact provider. But the DirectTV app has all those channels. ... Well, except ACCNX, so haven’t been able to watch Cuse content there. A pretty messy integration.

Choice Package - can watch on TV, but cannot stream. Even after deleting and reloading the app. Maybe they just haven’t added it there yet. Can any DirectTV customers stream ACCN?

Additionally, since the demise of WatchESPN, I cannot watch anything but ESPN+ programming (bought separately) within the ESPN app itself. Says I’m unauthorized and to contact provider. But the DirectTV app has all those channels. ... Well, except ACCNX, so haven’t been able to watch Cuse content there. A pretty messy integration.
I have DirecTv and have been streaming the ACCNX through my Roku firestick for several years. If you have ESPN through DirecTv you should be able to stream ACCNX. You might have to reset your ESPN account. I had to reset mine at the beginning of the season.

I have DirecTv and have been streaming the ACCNX through my Roku firestick for several years. If you have ESPN through DirecTv you should be able to stream ACCNX. You might have to reset your ESPN account. I had to reset mine at the beginning of the season.
DirectTV app still doesn’t show the ACCN channel (612) available for streaming. But I am finally able to watch both ACCN and ACCNX thru the ESPN app. Didn’t even have to reset the account to get it to work. A logout / login sufficed this time (hadn’t previously). Thank you.