ACC Network gone again | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network gone again

DirectTV app still doesn’t show the ACCN channel (612) available for streaming. But I am finally able to watch both ACCN and ACCNX thru the ESPN app. Didn’t even have to reset the account to get it to work. A logout / login sufficed this time (hadn’t previously). Thank you.
I had to do the logout/login too but also reset my password. Glad it is working or you now.

Update:

A report on Reddit says that the ACC Network is now on national distribution on Directv on the Choice package (the most popular package Directv has) and above, And it is streamable if you have Choice as well.

Regardless of your location. If true, this alone adds a ton of new subscribers to the list. Directv has around 21 million subscribers. If Choice is their most popular package, this means well over half of them are now ACC Network subscribers. AT&T has another 5 million or so other customers on U-verse and AT&T Now that I believe are now also being distributed nationally. That adds another 3 or 4 million subscribers. I would guess AT&T customers alone account for around 15 million subscribers now,

Don’t know the in market and out of market prices being paid for ACCN but if there was any doubt if the ACCN was going to make $5 million per school before this (and there was), I suspect it is gone now,

Watch out B1GN. The ACCN is coming after you. Even with a 10 year head start, it is inevitable that the ACCN will pass the B1GN in distribution. This isn’t because the ACC is a better conference than the B1G (it is). This is because the ACCN has the support of Disney and the B1GN does not.

Can’t believe the Pac12 had a chance to get in bed with Disney a few months ago and turned it down. I bet the deal was not as good as the ones the SEC and ACC got because they went on their way from the start. Stupid.

Last edited:
I’m a DirecTV subscriber, currently on a trip to Denver.
Can’t stream ACCN on my iPad using either the ESPN or DirecTV apps.
I even VPN’ed back to my home location.

Can stream at home just fine using the ESPN app on my AppleTV.
Next time bring a Fire Stick to see if that will work...
2FD2110C-9265-4185-AECB-8D223A589031.png

Last edited:

Next time bring a Fire Stick to see if that will work...View attachment 170695
Appreciate you checking this out. Hopefully this is a temporary thing.

But help me understand your situation.

You are a DirectV subscriber who lives in ACC territory, correct? Can you access the ACCN and stream from your residence? Is this just a problem when you are traveling and trying to gain access outside ACC territory?

Next time bring a Fire Stick to see if that will work...View attachment 170695

May be a recent glitch of some sort? Last weekend I was in Cleveland, OH (I reside in Charlotte) and I was able to stream the ACCN on my iphone, an X. I'm also a DirecTV customer. In regards to your iPad, have you updated the latest iOs for ipad?

Appreciate you checking this out. Hopefully this is a temporary thing.

But help me understand your situation.

You are a DirectV subscriber who lives in ACC territory, correct? Can you access the ACCN and stream from your residence? Is this just a problem when you are traveling and trying to gain access outside ACC territory?
Yes, I live in ACC territory. I can stream at home on my AppleTV. I will verify iPhone & iPad when I’m home. I am currently outside of ACC territory but can use a VPN to relocate my devices.

Yes, I live in ACC territory. I can stream at home on my AppleTV. I will verify iPhone & iPad when I’m home. I am currently outside of ACC territory but can use a VPN to relocate my devices.
So you were using a public Internet connection (hotel perhaps), and were prompted for provider, user id and password to gain access to ACCN, and still got blocked?
It sounds like DirectV might have still been rolling access out this weekend for streaming. I hope so.

you cant stream it on the directv App. I know that much.. Did you confirm you are connect to the same provider on the Apple Tv as you are on the Ipad?

i cant stream anything on the Ipad from ESPN but its older than 3 yrs and they dont support devices that run the previous IOS.

Last edited:
I log into all of my devices with our DirecTV credentials.

The funny thing is, I can watch on my iPhone (with or without VPN) but can't watch on my iPad.
Both devices are running the latest version of iOS. I even deleted and reinstalled the iPad app.

I'll try again once I get home (plus AppleTV & Fire Stick). If the results are the same, I'll be contacting ESPN.

On previous vacations/trips when the ESPN app let me down I could catch an ESPN channel in the DirecTV app. That's not happening today...

I can confirm that the ACC Network via the ESPN App now works on all of my devices using my DirecTV credentials. I’ll try again on my upcoming trips.