ACC Network is really incompetent | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network is really incompetent

Thanks for the summary... as a Texas resident this is extremely helpful. I refuse to pay $30/month extra to get access to accn. Guess I’ll be watching a lot fewer Cuse sports.

We will see if I cave during hoops season which has typically been my true love. But then again Cuse hoops has been pretty unwatchable and I’ve found myself watching fewer games even when they are available.

I’m in Texas. Two great options no matter where you live. Directv or streaming services (YouTube TV, Hulu, etc). I’m sure there are other providers but you can watch on either of these. I had Directv but moved to YouTube and have been very happy. Less issues when the heavy rains come rolling through vs Satellite.

For those with Comcast in other areas, you can easily do the same thing. Stop waiting for them to pick it up. Be proactive. That’s what the ACC and schools have been asking you to do for months. If your carrier doesn’t want to provide the channel, change carriers.

I’m in Texas. Two great options no matter where you live. Directv or streaming services (YouTube TV, Hulu, etc). I’m sure there are other providers but you can watch on either of these. I had Directv but moved to YouTube and have been very happy. Less issues when the heavy rains come rolling through vs Satellite.

For those with Comcast in other areas, you can easily do the same thing. Stop waiting for them to pick it up. Be proactive. That’s what the ACC and schools have been asking you to do for months. If your carrier doesn’t want to provide the channel, change carriers.
Sure but then you are caving in to the hostage taking by the conferences. I should be able to pay $10/month for accn on any device and call it a day. But they are trying to tap into carrier guaranteed revenue streams which is why they are not allowing the package option as far as I can tell.

Sure but then you are caving in to the hostage taking by the conferences. I should be able to pay $10/month for accn on any device and call it a day. But they are trying to tap into carrier guaranteed revenue streams which is why they are not allowing the package option as far as I can tell.

I’m perfectly fine supporting a model that will close the financial gap between the ACC and B1G/SEC. I pay a tv bill no matter who I get service with. Might as well support the one that puts money back to our school.

I’m perfectly fine supporting a model that will close the financial gap between the ACC and B1G/SEC. I pay a tv bill no matter who I get service with. Might as well support the one that puts money back to our school.

Exactly how I feel. We all have choices and priorities. It's up the individual to choose what that is. I haven't lived in CNY since 1987 and graduated college in 1998. Since I've become an adult and made my own decisions, I've figured out how to maximize my Syracuse sports watching. I didn't want to leave Spectrum - it's a hassle to switch. But I would have if I had to because while I have other hobbies and interests, Syracuse sports is #1.

My ISP carries ESPN+. I can only conclude that they want Cuse Troop and me to attend every game.

ESPN+ is not the same as the ACC Network. ESPN+ has sports only shown online.

Just FYI, I just read an article noting that there could be as many as Syracuse 9 men’s basketball games on ACCN. Surprised by the loyalty some SU fans are showing to Comcast. Is it because they do a really good job? Is it because you just have no other real choice?

I know I was ready to switch from Spectrum to Verizon at the drop of a hat when it looked like they might not carry ACCN. It was bad enough dealing with all the downgrades and lost services once they took over from Time Warner but after they completely dropped support for SU sports, they became the walking dead for me.

I am lucky though that I live in a neighborhood that has Verizon Fios as a option.

Comcast is the only option for me. Well, the other option is cutting the cord and getting YouTube or Hulu. And I’m pretty close to doing that.

The ACC Network is available with Hulu but you have to buy their live service plus the ACC fee AND no guarantee games won't be randomly blacked out.
We have Spectrum thru our HOA. In order to get ACC Network we have to buy another level, which is less than what we already have and then pay extra for ACC.
Regardless of how you do it there is no guarantee of random blackouts.

hey I get blacked out here trying to watch Bills games and I have the Sunday ticket. no other way to legally watch it.

The ACC Network is available with Hulu but you have to buy their live service plus the ACC fee AND no guarantee games won't be randomly blacked out.
We have Spectrum thru our HOA. In order to get ACC Network we have to buy another level, which is less than what we already have and then pay extra for ACC.
I was able to watch some of every ACC game Saturday. With them being spread out over ACCN, ESPN, RSN and network channels there was no issue. Now I did have to search through the RSN channels to find one game as it wasn't available to me on all of them.

Spectrum is the worse cable company in the country. What a shame they exist and people have to do business with them. I am not sure there is a devil but if there is one, I know what company he (or she) is the CEO for.

The ACC is very unhappy with Spectrum. They have botched handling of the ACCN rollover completely and broken their contract with the ACC. Don't be surprised if there is a lawsuit.

Just FYI, I just read an article noting that there could be as many as Syracuse 9 men’s basketball games on ACCN. Surprised by the loyalty some SU fans are showing to Comcast. Is it because they do a really good job? Is it because you just have no other real choice?

I know I was ready to switch from Spectrum to Verizon at the drop of a hat when it looked like they might not carry ACCN. It was bad enough dealing with all the downgrades and lost services once they took over from Time Warner but after they completely dropped support for SU sports, they became the walking dead for me.

I am lucky though that I live in a neighborhood that has Verizon Fios as a option.
I hear what you are saying. I actually like my Xfinity as far a TV goes. I could drop the TV package and just keep internet, then get YouTube or something. In past years I would typically watch all the football games and most of the basketball. DVR the others. ACCN was not created for the fans, that's for sure. It's for more money for the conferences. That's cool. Maybe next year I will do something different if Comcast doesn't come on board, but I'm not stressing about this year. I went many years without seeing all the games in the past. I live through this.

I hear what you are saying. I actually like my Xfinity as far a TV goes. I could drop the TV package and just keep internet, then get YouTube or something. In past years I would typically watch all the football games and most of the basketball. DVR the others. ACCN was not created for the fans, that's for sure. It's for more money for the conferences. That's cool. Maybe next year I will do something different if Comcast doesn't come on board, but I'm not stressing about this year. I went many years without seeing all the games in the past. I live through this.

I’m a Comcast subscriber as well, but I’m not willing to miss 2-3 more football games and probably a dozen basketball games.

Go Youtube TV. You won’t regret it. Sooooo happy I cut the cord
Serious question. Do you watch anything besides sports on TV? Does your package get the Smithsonian Channel, just to throw out an example? Would you have to pay extra to get Animal Planet, and how much extra?

Serious question. Do you watch anything besides sports on TV? Does your package get the Smithsonian Channel, just to throw out an example? Would you have to pay extra to get Animal Planet, and how much extra?
You will get your local broadcast networks, all the sports you will ever need , plus a good variety of news etc. 49.99$/month

C66D4F27-74D3-4152-9AA6-4C85D4F5F1F5.png

Something not shown on this graphic is ACC Network

I switched from Comcast to Verizon internet with Hulu Live TV. Haven't had any issues so far and it's way cheaper. I save around $60 a month. Wish I switched sooner. Never going back to cable.

I wish I I could cut the cord...but don’t worry,
If I drop down to just spectrum internet my monthly payment ends up only being about $15 less than if I didn’t have cable and internet, which then means if I got Hulu live or YouTube tv I would be paying more.

Literally a giant scam

I wish I I could cut the cord...but don’t worry,
If I drop down to just spectrum internet my monthly payment ends up only being about $15 less than if I didn’t have cable and internet, which then means if I got Hulu live or YouTube tv I would be paying more.

Literally a giant scam

Yeah, that sucks. I'm glad I don't have to support the cable monopolies any longer. I've heard Spectrum is one of the worst with their pricing. My Verizon internet is $50 a month and my Hulu Live is $50 a month. Huge savings. I'll also be switching back to regular Hulu once college basketball ends so for half the year I won't be paying for any live TV. Can't beat it

Dumping Comcast was the best thing I've done in a long time, sure I don't have 400 channels with nothing to watch anymore but we have the following and it's more then enough for us
YouTubeTV
Amazon Prime
Netflix (will be switching over to the Disney + package that has ESPN+ and Hulu in Nov)
Nickelodeon app for the kids
easy peasy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom