ACC Network Thread | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sec network being basically national for everyone is a given with alabama in football and kentucky in basketball. acc bigten and pac 12 should all be in same tier

This is an interesting theory, but aren’t Notre Dame football and Duke basketball really the only two national brands in college athletics?

This is an interesting theory, but aren’t Notre Dame football and Duke basketball really the only two national brands in college athletics?
Id agree with you.

Bama is a big brand, but you don’t find random Bama fans all over the country.

DirecTV should take ESPNews off the basic tier and replace it with ACCN.

ACCN will have better games than ESPNews as well.

Alabama football doesn’t play games on the SECN.
CBS picks 6 of their games every year which is the max from their SEC contract.
Then the season opener is always on ABC/ESPN.
The other 4 games are on ESPN primetime. The cupcake that Alabama plays before Auburn is the only game on SECN. That game isn’t why SECN is national.

The SECN shouldn’t be national and the ACCN isn’t on DirecTV.
Treat them the same.

Nope, your conference sold you guys a bill of goods on this one.

They traded "Hey, we're on DirecTV!" for not getting national coverage on DirecTV. Same with other cablecos, although not quite as stark. The SEC and B1G didn't. I won't speculate as to why, as that will likely get me booted.

This network is a disaster.

Alabama football doesn’t play games on the SECN.
CBS picks 6 of their games every year which is the max from their SEC contract.
Then the season opener is always on ABC/ESPN.
The other 4 games are on ESPN primetime. The cupcake that Alabama plays before Auburn is the only game on SECN. That game isn’t why SECN is national.

The SECN shouldn’t be national and the ACCN isn’t on DirecTV.
Treat them the same.
Everyone plays at least 1 game on sec network.acc network is on direct tv

I was one of those affected. I'm on Spectrum in the Syracuse suburbs. After an hour or so on the phone with Spectrum, I upgraded from my old legacy TW plan to the Spectrum silver package, adding the ACC Network, keeping almost everything I had and knocking $20 off my bill.

BTW, the Golf Channel is included in the silver package. It looks like I will lose ESPN Classic, NFL Red Zone, Big Ten, PAC 12, the NHL network and the Fox regional sports channels from my old legacy TW sports package (but Fox Sports 1 and 2 are included in the silver package).
You only spent an hour on the phone with Spectrum? You're lucky! Between yesterday and this morning, I've had three phone sessions lasting nearly four hours, talked to more than a dozen people, and I still don't have the ACC Network. I had it yesterday but lost it during my third phone session. Nobody could explain why I temporarily had it, then lost it. Ugh! Related to switching to a Spectrum package. Extremely frustrating. Some of my conversations started with the Spectrum rep saying "I don't know why you were directed to me". What looked like a simple task has turned into a nightmare. And did I mention that Spectrum sucks!

because it saves people money on the long run even if people refuse to believe it

what happens if people end up only streaming espn you still need the support staff and equipment. but you spread that cost our over 100s of channels not just 4-5.. even ESPN gets hurt in your model . as much as we like sports 75% of the people watching are not watching sports so espn gets a cut of tons of people viewing habits.. you change that to a get only what you want model and the ESPN fans are going to pay for 100% of the cost not the 5% they do now

why do we think these channels didnt exist until cable became a thing.. they created model that allowed it.. before cable TV was free and ads supported things... it will never work today

Last edited:
My brother went to the Spectrum office at the old bus station yesterday and made the switch to a Spectrum package. Took about 20 minutes.

And he's saving $30/month.

I've had much better success getting issues resolved by going to the local office than over the phone.

New Jersey not on that list is frustrating due to the fact that I’m sure a lot of Syracuse fans/alum live right outside NYC, but have a NJ addy.

I get that they have it based on ACC states, but this comes across as a technicality that screws a decent amount of ACC fans in a huge population center of NJ, specifically Northern NJ.

My wife works in NYC. If only she could put down her work zip code so we could get the damn channel.

I enjoyed the portion of the Packer & Durham show that I watched yesterday.
Syracuse is prominently on display "in the basement". A Syracuse football helmet on a bookshelf behind Wes and small Otto behind Packer.

Syracuse is prominently on display "in the basement". A Syracuse football helmet on a bookshelf behind Wes and small Otto behind Packer.
I don't think that was an Otto...I think it was Otto's cousin "Obie the Orange" the Orange Bowl Mascot.

I am watching it now too. I DVR'd it on HULU. I listened to most of it at work on SiriusXM. I love the basement set up, pretty neat set up. I think the Orange behind Packer is Otto's cousin, Opie the Orange Bowl Mascot.

They traded "Hey, we're on DirecTV!" for not getting national coverage on DirecTV. Same with other cablecos, although not quite as stark. The SEC and B1G didn't. I won't speculate as to why, as that will likely get me booted.

Who are you?

Loving the network
I'm super happy it didn't land on Comcast finally pushed me to cut the cord
Plus I've found my morning show to get me threw the first 3 hours of work
Plenty of options to get the network and just seems silly to call it a disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.