ACC Network Thread | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a link to number of homes and had the text in my link of "homes"

...but I can't read, apparently.

I'm being polite by posting homes available, too. If you go by subscribers, the inclusion on *only* the sports pack on DirecTV will cut the ACCN number substantially.

Even if you're right, who cares? Our conference has a network that will eventually increase its coverage and prestige. Despite our on field success, the ACC has never had the fan following that the B1G or SEC does, so no one ever expected the ACCN to get the same coverage or money as those two.

Our football team is playing the prime time ABC game week 3 against the defending champion. Even week 2 we're the noon ESPN or ESPN2 game. Will UConn play on a national network this year? Or are you relegated to CBSSN?

Go back to your hole. No one wants you here.

I posted a link to number of homes and had the text in my link of "homes"

...but I can't read, apparently.

I'm being polite by posting homes available, too. If you go by subscribers, the inclusion on *only* the sports pack on DirecTV will cut the ACCN number substantially.

Thanks for stopping by and droppin' knowledge. We're screwed with our regional conference network. Guess I'll have to figure out a new use for the extra singles generated from this crap deal.

Last edited:
Thanks for stopping by and droppin' knowledge. We're screwed with our regional conference network. Guess I'll have to figure out a new use for the extra singles generated from this crap deal.

UConn fans s******* on the ACCN is the harbinger of its success. The clown show over there has been wrong about everything. They were going to get a B1G invite, the ACC was going to be picked apart and destroyed, our conference champion would never get into the playoff over one loss teams, we would never have get a network. Now the network we were never going to get is a failure on day 5 of its existence.

UConn fans s******* on the ACCN is the harbinger of its success. The clown show over there has been wrong about everything. They were going to get a B1G invite, the ACC was going to be picked apart and destroyed, our conference champion would never get into the playoff over one loss teams, we would never have get a network. Now the network we were never going to get is a failure on day 5 of its existence.

Can you believe the bill of goods we were sold by our own conference!??!

I’m so angry I could just scream!!

From my perspective, that of an out of state DirecTV user, it has not been a smooth or successful rollout at all. Not just because if I want it I’ll have to pay extra for it. I don’t think it’s been successful because their customer service reps were ill prepared to answer any questions regarding it. Between my wife and I, we’ve called and spoken with 4 different people at DirecTV. Each time it’s a different story. No one seems to know what the expectations are. They did a poor job of preparing their employees for basic service related questions. You’ll definitely get it. You might get it. Just wait and see. It’s been a clusterfluck.

From my perspective, that of an out of state DirecTV user, it has not been a smooth or successful rollout at all. Not just because if I want it I’ll have to pay extra for it. I don’t think it’s been successful because their customer service reps were ill prepared to answer any questions regarding it. Between my wife and I, we’ve called and spoken with 4 different people at DirecTV. Each time it’s a different story. No one seems to know what the expectations are. They did a poor job of preparing their employees for basic service related questions. You’ll definitely get it. You might get it. Just wait and see. It’s been a clusterfluck.

The providers definitely could have handled this better. I've done internal communications at an insurance company that had reps in call centers at 4 different locations. It's not impossible to get this messaging out. I realize the reps have to know tv, phone. internet, billing and a whole bunch of other stuff I can't even imagine but this would have been a simple quick hit communication.

• when is the ACC network rolling out in areas
  • what channel will it be on in ACC areas and non-ACC areas
  • what package will it be offered in ACC areas and non-ACC areas
They should have sent emails directly to customers also with this information. We're not talking about the basket weaving network. They have to know there would be interest in any new sports channel.

The lack of information given to customer service reps ("Is it raining in Mumbai today?") is totally on the providers, not the ACC and Disney. How can you possibly hold outsiders responsible in any way for the internal communications (in this case, the lack thereof) of a company? I understand you want answers, but you're asking people who are probably intentionally being kept in the dark about all this by corporate HQ.

The lack of information given to customer service reps ("Is it raining in Mumbai today?") is totally on the providers, not the ACC and Disney. How can you possibly hold outsiders responsible in any way for the internal communications (in this case, the lack thereof) of a company? I understand you want answers, but you're asking people who are probably intentionally being kept in the dark about all this by corporate HQ.
Who said I was blaming the ACC or Disney? I never called or spoke to their reps. I clearly mentioned DirecTV and their incompetence in the rollout.

i wonder if anyone from SU is working with ESPN to get the streaming part fixed? its been pretty quiet on that front

Perhaps, but in today's day and age, why did I need to call and speak to a provider customer service representative at all? Both the ACC and Disney knew who was going to carry the network and on what tier prior to launch. A press release with this information, at least for the national carriers, would have been nice.

I will admit I became a little disgruntled with the network as a result of the process. Had the ACC/Disney/DircTV (in my case) been a lot clearer and open about how the channel was being carried, it would have been able to better manage my expectations and I would be a little less annoyed.

i wonder if anyone from SU is working with ESPN to get the streaming part fixed? its been pretty quiet on that front

It's a nationwide ESPN issue, not just a local Syracuse issue.

i know that.. but locals dont know that.. syracuse is not being proactive and getting the word out. thats why i put out a separate thread to try and get the local news to follow up for the 99% of SU fans who dont belong on the board and are gonna have an issue when it doesnt work for game 4.

i know that.. but locals dont know that.. syracuse is not being proactive and getting the word out. thats why i put out a separate thread to try and get the local news to follow up for the 99% of SU fans who dont belong on the board and are gonna have an issue when it doesnt work for game 4.
Good article on the ACCN and how rolling out a new network in the cord cutting era is markedly different than in the old days when the B1G and SEC rolled theirs out.

I’m up in Syracuse and checking out the ACC Network for the first time. I just turned on the morning show and Holy Cats I just realized Mark Packer is Billy’s son. Damn, he looks just like him.

Just a minor thing but for those of us who watch the ACC network via the ESPN app on Roku, man it would be nice if someone made a shortcut link to the ACC Network. As it stands, you've got to click first on the ESPN app and wait for it to load up, then scroll down a bunch to find the network and then click again, and then click once more on the live programming. I've looked for a solution online and found nothing.

So Syracuse being in the second most populous ACC state is helping a lot with the cable providers in NY making ACCN on the basic sports tier.
I think it is fair to say there would not be an ACC network without Syracuse in the conference. We aren’t the only reason it happened but we played a key role in getting in state subscribers high enough where it made sense for ESPN economically to support the rollout.

I think it is fair to say there would not be an ACC network without Syracuse in the conference. We aren’t the only reason it happened but we played a key role in getting in state subscribers high enough where it made sense for ESPN economically to support the rollout.
Pennsylvania 12.81 million people.
New York 19.54 million people.

Are huge for the ACCN.

The population will continue to grow in states like Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida as well.

So that will help a lot as well.

This also tells us why the Big Ten took New Jersey over Connecticut and UConn is stuck in the Big East forever.

Any bed wetting over UCONN’s game with Wagner this weekend on BTN?

I’m legit going to watch it to see if they can hold on if I can find the channel

Dish has reached an Agreement in Principle with Disney to add the ACC Network. It's on Channel 402.

Status
Not open for further replies.