ACC Network Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say it but ND probably helps a bunch in negotiations.
Not really it’s ESPN muscle getting the job done.
ND football isn’t all-in. If ND home football was an ESPN property it would help.
ACC basketball along with Clemson being a National big dog are driving the bus.
Plus ESPN is bundling Disney channels with the ACC network and ACC isn’t asking for the moon to include the channel.

Have you tried sling?
I have an antenna for local sports, and I only get sling for ESPN/college football. Otherwise, I watch no Network television. Until I can just get ESPN/ACCN as a stand alone, it's my cheapest option. It was $20, they may have upped it to 25. I'm not going to watch commercials if it isn't for football.
Yes I currently have sling, I have an antenna on the roof running to an air tv box, connected to my router, which casts the locals through the sling interface via wifi. It's nice not having to switch inputs for my babysitters and what not. I pay an extra 5 for the extra sports, really love the on demand feature on sling.

Sling is good - but I switched to YouTube TV and haven’t looked back. I DVR all Syracuse games. Streaming is solid both wired to my Roku and good enough through WiFi to my iPad.

If I wasn’t so happy with it, I’d try PlayStation Vue. I am interested to see what Apple does.

Sling is good - but I switched to YouTube TV and haven’t looked back. I DVR all Syracuse games. Streaming is solid both wired to my Roku and good enough through WiFi to my iPad.

If I wasn’t so happy with it, I’d try PlayStation Vue. I am interested to see what Apple does.
I just got AppleTV (4k) and was excited to fire up WatchESPN to view an SU game. Yep - you guessed it. Can't find the app anywhere. GONE. I'm told ESPN got rid of it. Yet I can still see and use "WatchESPN" on my computer desktop. Leave it to the media to figure out a way to reduce the screen I can see the game on from 65 inches to 20 inches. Love the streaming (?).

My wife - who's clearly more computer-savvy than I am - tells me it's because WatchESPN is a website, not an App. So what happened to the "streaming" idea? Why did I just pay Apple $200+? Where did the "app" go?

Last edited:
I just got AppleTV (4k) and was excited to fire up WatchESPN to view an SU game. Yep - you guessed it. Can't find the app anywhere. GONE. I'm told ESPN got rid of it. Yet I can still see and use "WatchESPN" on my computer desktop. Leave it to the media to figure out a way to reduce the screen I can see the game on from 65 inches to 20 inches. Love the streaming (?).

My wife - who's clearly more computer-savvy than I am - tells me it's because WatchESPN is a website, not an App. So what happened to the "streaming" idea? Why did I just pay Apple $200+? Where did the "app" go?
That's weird, that app is available on roku and amazon firestick devices.

Will all SU games not on ESPN be on the new ACC Network? When multiple ACC games are on at the same time will their coverage be regional or will they just chose one game for national audience? Anyone know how this will work?

Will all SU games not on ESPN be on the new ACC Network? When multiple ACC games are on at the same time will their coverage be regional or will they just chose one game for national audience? Anyone know how this will work?
Any game on not ESPN or CBS will be on the ACCN.
With ESPN needing 1 game for Big Monday, 1/2 games for Tuesday, and 1/2 for Wednesday.
That leaves plenty of games for the ACCN.
Look at BTN for the comp. Coverage will be national. For football like the SECN and BTN there may be an alternate channel just so all games are on.

Any game on not ESPN or CBS will be on the ACCN.
With ESPN needing 1 game for Big Monday, 1/2 games for Tuesday, and 1/2 for Wednesday.
That leaves plenty of games for the ACCN.
Look at BTN for the comp. Coverage will be national. For football like the SECN and BTN there may be an alternate channel just so all games are on.
ACCN says about 40 football games... About 3 per team.

I suspect some will be on ESPN u (additional $$), ESPN2 etc...

Either way, I'm waiting 'til August to find the best streaming option. (Football only)

I feel like (and hope) youtube tv will pick up the network. They already stream a ton of the regional games on WLNY.
The beauty is: If they don't and play games with the consumer, you can easily switch. They already have the SEC and B1G channels so I feel they'll add it.

Yeah this is me. I switched a few weeks ago...its amazing. I watch a ton of baseball as well, so its great for that as well. All the Fox Sports channels, MLBTV and Network. Love PSVue
Question about cutting the cable, whom do you use for your internet service provider? I like roadrunner but it is $65 a month with no bundle. Right now I have the whole package and pay $185 a month. That is without any premium channels! I need to cut!

Just to add on about streaming options, I switched to PS Vue, and will never go back. Here's a great article about its resurgence over the last six months. No streaming issues, great and free DVR, all locals, and a ton of sports on the Core package.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on this. I'm just worried about missing some games. I have comcast now and I get eveything but its expensive as hell. Were you able to watch all of the games last year?

Question about cutting the cable, whom do you use for your internet service provider? I like roadrunner but it is $65 a month with no bundle. Right now I have the whole package and pay $185 a month. That is without any premium channels! I need to cut!
Fios is 54.99 by itself before taxes and fees. Last I checked.

Not sure if you have it in your area.

The company I work for created its own internet service and offers gig. its like 73 a month...but stupid fast. great for streaming video and online gaming.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on this. I'm just worried about missing some games. I have comcast now and I get eveything but its expensive as hell. Were you able to watch all of the games last year?

I dont think I missed a single game, they were all on Watch ESPN ap.

I pay $42 per month with taxes for Fios and get 100/100 speed. There are always deals out there.

Yes, I was able to get every game.

I pay $42 per month with taxes for Fios and get 100/100 speed. There are always deals out there.
Thanks for the feedback. I look into Fios, I live in Charlotte so there should be plenty of options

Status
Not open for further replies.