ACC Network Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...you simply go to the app and subscribe or unsubscribe...only 1 month commitment. Couldn't be any easier. You could do all the various free trials from YouTubeTV, Playstation Vue, etc. to see what you like best. I would probably start with YouTUbeTV and if you like it just try it for a full month.

Interesting... may need to look at ACCN schedule and pinpoint a couple month spans that it would make sense for.

Takes like 5 minutes to subscribe...way easier than subscribing to Spectrum or Fios. Not sure what makes it exhausting or rediculous, or are you being sarcastic?

DVR space is unlimited.
You should be resting up for tomorrow.

So question for you -- if you subscribe to YouTubeTV, can you quit at any time? And pick it back up? If I wanted to subscribe from January through March, jump off for 4 months, then pick back up in September?
Yeah, buddy.

So ACCN isn’t carrying SU vs liberty. What happened to all SU games/sports being available?

It's been pinned at the top of the board as being on ESPN+ for quite awhile now. Non-conference, the home team has the tv rights.

Yet ESPN does, and the ACC Network is owned by them.

Just what the fluck is on ACCN that night????

There’s another ACC game but I thought all games would get shown. Now I guess it’s just home OOC games.

It's been pinned at the top of the board as being on ESPN+ for quite awhile now. Non-conference, the home team has the tv rights.

I’ve seen that ESPN+ thing. But that was before the accn network announced the schedule. It’s already a cluster. All SU games should be on tv someplace. Otherwise who cares about the accn? Not gaining anything.

I’ve seen that ESPN+ thing. But that was before the accn network announced the schedule. It’s already a cluster. All SU games should be on tv someplace. Otherwise who cares about the accn? Not gaining anything.

You thought the rules for tv rights would change? Well you were wrong. I would imagine the number of non-conference road games that we play that are not worthy of being picked up by ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU will be limited. Just get the free trial of ESPN+ for this one. Deep breaths - the whole thing is far from a disaster.

You thought the rules for tv rights would change? Well you were wrong. I would imagine the number of non-conference road games that we play that are not worthy of being picked up by ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU will be limited. Just get the free trial of ESPN+ for this one. Deep breaths - the whole thing is far from a disaster.

What about local TV picking it up? Used too. But I’m sure it’s against some contract. A contract that won’t show our game. It’s a disaster. I remember the hype of the accn. Guess it was wrong.

What about local TV picking it up? Used too. But I’m sure it’s against some contract. A contract that won’t show our game. It’s a disaster. I remember the hype of the accn. Guess it was wrong.

Those were HOME games. Now you're acting like a 2 year old.

Those were HOME games. Now you're acting like a 2 year old.

Not at all. Bottom line, We should get all our games. What has the accn made better?

ACCN doesn’t mean we get the TV rights to all 12 games. What it does do is allow our games a bigger stage for some of the old noon games that got no viewing area. Just because ESPN owns ACCN doesn’t mean they will take every other contract they have and deprioritize them

Not at all. Bottom line, We should get all our games. What has the accn made better?

Let a calendar year play out and see what you think. I know my dad has loved the exposure of Iowa since BTN started. I've been on these boards with you for over 20 years so I know it's pointless to spend much energy trying to change your mind on something once you have it set. And you're an admin and I don't want to get in trouble so I'll just end my part of the discussion here.

Let a calendar year play out and see what you think. I know my dad has loved the exposure of Iowa since BTN started. I've been on these boards with you for over 20 years so I know it's pointless to spend much energy trying to change your mind on something once you have it set. And you're an admin and I don't want to get in trouble so I'll just end my part of the discussion here.

Btw, it’s another reason we shouldn't be playing scrubs on the road.

Is it bringing us a bigger paycheck?

That's all I care about.

I know I can find any game.

~$10m/year

Exhausting? If you have a smartTV or Roku or Firestick already, you add the respective streaming app and sign up. It takes 5 minutes and you're in business. And as I mentioned, its free for 5 days (some offer 7). Not really sure how thats exhausting but to each his own I guess.

YouTubeTV doesn’t offer enough channels for our liking and we’d probably get killed if I gave up Comcast Triple Play. So I’ll wait. Comcast has to come through at some point.

Btw, it’s another reason we shouldn't be playing scrubs on the road.

While I agree with the premise of that thought I think a big reason they are playing Liberty there is because Virginia and VT are in the other division and it helps recruiting the DC/Maryland/Virginia area...though odd to play Maryland and Liberty back to back there.

Let's hope SU has a trick up their sleeve to help us fans who can't make it down there with a way to view this game other than this ESPN 3 thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.