ACC Network Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACC network extra is different than ACC network, correct?

ChannelBase ServiceExtra
ESPNSling Orange --
ESPN2Sling Orange--
ESPN3*Sling Orange--
ACC Network ExtraSling Orange--
ESPNUSling OrangeSports Extra
NBC (in select markets)Sling Blue--
FS1Sling Blue--
StadiumSling Orange; Sling BlueSports Extra

*- Including games broadcast on ABC

ACC network extra is different than ACC network, correct?

ChannelBase ServiceExtra
ESPNSling Orange--
ESPN2Sling Orange--
ESPN3*Sling Orange--
ACC Network ExtraSling Orange--
ESPNUSling OrangeSports Extra
NBC (in select markets)Sling Blue--
FS1Sling Blue--
StadiumSling Orange; Sling BlueSports Extra

*- Including games broadcast on ABC
yes

we have all the cut the cord talks on this board and then a game is on that would never have been on without streaming and people want it on reg tv.

10-20+yrs ago this would have been a $20 PPV if at all..
Yeah, now it’s a $10 ppv stream (after you download an app that you would otherwise not have and forget to cancel it until the first bill arrives in the mail after the trial period runs.)

Progress!

Seriously though, I get your point, and I think you’re right.

I still cannot believe Spectrum hasn’t picked this up yet. Seriously getting worried that they won’t.

We're not on the ACCN for at least the 1st three weeks of the season.

As long as we have it by Sept 21, it's all good.

I still cannot believe Spectrum hasn’t picked this up yet. Seriously getting worried that they won’t.
I'm not shocked in the least. Cablevision the first year of the YES Network back in the day didn't pick up YES and a vast majority of New Yorkers went a full year without being able to see the Yankees. These cable companies don't care as much as you think.

All Disney and ESPN channels have also expired for Spectrum. If they don't renew, they'll lose it all (like half a dozen high-demand channels). That would KILL Spectrum subscription values... which IMO they can't afford to let happen. ESPN has lots of leverage in this case.

(Similar leverage with Comcast isn't for 3 years - ouch!)

All Disney and ESPN channels have also expired for Spectrum. If they don't renew, they'll lose it all (like half a dozen high-demand channels). That would KILL Spectrum subscription values... which IMO they can't afford to let happen. ESPN has lots of leverage in this case.

(Similar leverage with Comcast isn't for 3 years - ouch!)
Yes, Spectrum is fighting the good fight, trying to get the lowest rate they can for Disney content. But resistance is futile. They will be assimilated.

Spectrum has been kind of amazing. I don't know if anyone uses their app. Every time there's an update, the app gets worse. It's really a thing of beauty. It's like a guessing game of, "how could a company update an app making it worse and less functional".

I never had any issues with TW and almost instantly since it's become Spectrum the service has sucked. With TW I looked at cutting the cord and it just didn't make sense. The savings weren't that significant, especially at the time other cord cutting options didn't have the channels or DVR functionality there is now. Great job by Spectrum to help me look for other options again.

We're not on the ACCN for at least the 1st three weeks of the season.

As long as we have it by Sept 21, it's all good.

I’d like to believe that. But it wouldn’t surprise me if some areas don’t get ACCN for another year or two.

Will Accn extra con
Spectrum has been kind of amazing. I don't know if anyone uses their app. Every time there's an update, the app gets worse. It's really a thing of beauty. It's like a guessing game of, "how could a company update an app making it worse and less functional".

I never had any issues with TW and almost instantly since it's become Spectrum the service has sucked. With TW I looked at cutting the cord and it just didn't make sense. The savings weren't that significant, especially at the time other cord cutting options didn't have the channels or DVR functionality there is now. Great job by Spectrum to help me look for other options again.
i was TWC for nearly 18 years with literally zero issues. Switched the boxes to Spectrum and immediately fell apart. Everything went bad. Three visits from service in a month. I will say the internet at the time was killer. I was fair, and told them “you’ve been so good over the years, I owe you the opportunity to fix this” but their attitude was very “I don’t care”. Switched to Fios two years ago this coming October. It has also been wonderful, but making the jump to youtubetv in October.

giphy.gif

And just like that, the tweet has been deleted. :oops:

Somebody jumped the gun.

I knew Clemson was good for something.
In my mind, adding Spectrum makes the carriage of ACCN when it starts a big success. Just passed where the SECN was when it debuted.

Dish/Sling, Comcast and Cox would be icing on the cake and I am sure they will all get on board eventually. But kudos to the conference, Disney and ESPN and the ACC athletic programs and fans.

Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.