ACC News: FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything' | Syracusefan.com

ACC News: FSU's Fisher: 'We're not defending anything'

Wish their basketball coach was saying the same thing.

How can two players be on the baseball team and track team respectively and still be able to participate in FB spring practice? I remember McNabb being on the BB team, but that was only after FB season was over.

Jim Brown played lacrosse, ran track and field and still managed a few spring practices with the FB team.

How can two players be on the baseball team and track team respectively and still be able to participate in FB spring practice? I remember McNabb being on the BB team, but that was only after FB season was over.

Actually, in addition to Winston playing baseball, we've got at least three guys running track. We also have a football player that joined the basketball team mid-season (just bench-warming for now).

I think track season has ended, and for basketball, based on his limited basketball role, I'm sure Marquez White won't miss anything critical football wise for basketball.

Winston is obviously a different situation, but Jimbo and baseball coach Mike Martin work together closely on his schedule. I'm not sure Jimbo loves it for his starting quarterback, but publicly he endorses it, and he's stated multiple times that he loves having two-sport athletes in general. That's one of the notable differences in philosophy between him and Saban. The fact that most of FSU's teams are competitive to very good is definitely a recruiting chip with a couple athletes every year.

In Winston's case, the ability to play both was fundamental in his recruiting, so that has always been an expected part of the deal. A lot of the pressure falls on Winston himself, who does both as much as possible. Last year he went directly from starring in the spring game across the street to join the baseball team for a game that afternoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom