ACC not interested in ND or Texas if not in it for all sports | Syracusefan.com

ACC not interested in ND or Texas if not in it for all sports

Don't see where it mentions that at all in that article...

That's a big deal, and should give hope to our friends in Storrs and Piscataway.

This is good news. I don't see ND and Texas going all in anytime soon. They were the best choice football wise but don't make sense for the ACC for many other reasons.

Now the ACC can get UConn and WVU making a great 16team conference. It will be the first to do so and will be a secure conference for years to com that makes a lot of sense geographically.

I'm so glad if that happens because I for one cannot stand our current relationship with ND! I hope that the ACC sticks to it's guns on this issue.

One thing the ACC won’t do, Wake Forest athletics director Ron Wellman said Saturday, is bring in schools such as Texas or Notre Dame that might want special considerations in television deals, football scheduling or revenue sharing. All schools would be admitted on an equal basis.

Sorry, wrong article. Here is the right one. http://www.news-record.com/content/2011/09/17/article/syracuse_pittsburgh_seek_entry_into_acc

Whoever said the ACC picked Pitt and SU to twist ND's arm is on the money. They're the two rivalries left in the BE that the Irish value. Now with Miami, BC, SU, and Pitt, the ACC is in good shape to land them.

I so hope they take West Virginia over Rutgers. But it sounds like Uconn and Rutgers.

Leave Rutgers out especially if they get UConn. Rutgers cannot compete as it is and would probably not be attractive to the BIG10 without Uconn or SU.

If its UCONN and RUTGERS...we have the "split" we always wanted!! 8 team division of Big East teams. No WV which would suck, but hey for the most part we got our wish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom