ACC: Not too shabby | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC: Not too shabby

Well, NIU wasn't undefeated. I'm not saying that because Florida loss to Louisville that that's why I think they're overrated. I thought that all season long. They've had a lot of close games, and trailed a few games. But, I give them props for finding a way to win. As for Syracuse, I wasn't downgrading their win. It was an impressive win. Unfortunately, it was against a WVU team that underperformed that 2nd half.

That WVU team beat Texas and lost to OK by one point, which were number 2 and 3 in Big 12.

And if I recall, SU beat WVU last year by a decisive margin as well as the year before.

As for FL, the UL win was a shocker against the team rated 3 in the BCS.

And yes, the Clemson win was against the team rated number 8 in the BCS.

Sorry, but I could careless what the BCS says. I go by my own judgment. Is it wrong sometimes? of course...

To get back to the LSU-Clemson argument for a sec...

Let's look at Louisville for a min. UL only put up 10 points against UConn, and needed OT to beat that 9 win Rutgers team. It happens everywhere. There's always going to be a good team or an elite team that for whatever reason, struggles against lesser opponents.

Let's look at Louisville for a min. UL only put up 10 points against UConn (although they had a very legit defense), and needed OT to beat that 9 win Rutgers team. It happens everywhere. There's always going to be a good team or an elite team that for whatever reason, struggles against lesser opponents.

Let's look at Louisville for a min. UL only put up 10 points against UConn, and needed OT to beat that 9 win Rutgers team. It happens everywhere. There's always going to be a good team or an elite team that for whatever reason, struggles against lesser opponents.
That was a Louisville team that played with a 1-legged, 1-armed QB.

When was Bridgewater hurt in that game? Plus, UConn has a very good defense and if they had any resemblance of an offense they would have done pretty well this year. Yes, good teams do struggle with bad ones much like SU vs Rutgers but you have to look at the whole resume and not pick and choose what you want to see.

oh, and to several posters, please get the phrase correct: I could not care less or I couldn't care less.

I'm listening to sports radio today, and the big theme seems to be that "bowl results are not an indicator of conference strength".

Unlike Millhouse, this argument does not seem to go both ways. A conference like the ACC would be thrown under the bus quickly by the same people if they lost their bowl games.

I'm listening to sports radio today, and the big theme seems to be that "bowl results are not an indicator of conference strength".

Unlike Millhouse, this argument does not seem to go both ways. A conference like the ACC would be thrown under the bus quickly by the same people if they lost their bowl games.

Specifically BCS bowl games. Because, the ACC has a bad track record in that department.

Sports has become just like politics. No one changes their opinion ever, they just spin things to fit their pre-existing worldview.

Teddy Bridgewater was injured for both those games and P is good for one What win a year.

you just disproved your previous point... Florida almost lost to that Louisiana Lafayette team, but "there's always going to be a good team or an elite team that for whatever reason struggles against lesser opponents."

Sports has become just like politics. No one changes their opinion ever, they just spin things to fit their pre-existing worldview.
Not entirely... once the (8-team, expanded) playoff era is upon us, an 11-1 (or 10-2) ACC champion will have a chance to prove it on the field. Opinion will only determine the seeding. If the ACC representative really is the best then it should be able to win the championship. Getting the ACC champion in the final on multiple occasions (hopefully with a few wins thrown in) will cause a shift in public and press opinion.

An 8 team or 4 team playoff I guarantee will still give the SEC more shots at a title than other conferences. If it's 4 then they'll have 2 and if it's 8 they'll get 2 or 3. At least the thing will be determined on the field but in the south of course instead of having home teams.

Sorry, but I could careless what the BCS says. I go by my own judgment. Is it wrong sometimes? of course...

That's the whole point of my post.

On the field: with the spotlight on, UL beat FL, Clemson beat LSU, SU beat WVU to the shock of all the armchair "experts" and commentators.

FL beat A&M, LSU, USC: 3 of the top 5 SEC teams;

WVU beat Texas and lost to OK by one point: 2 of the top 3 Big 12 teams.

Please continue to feel free to post your judgment.

I'm posting mine: the ACC including UL and SU is underrated.

1. Were not in the ACC this year
2. I could careless what ACC teams do.
Short-sighted thinking. As OMojo stated- it impacts the perception, which impacts the $$$, which solidifies the ACC.
If you "care" about the well-being of the program, then its wise to monitor the performance of our future conference mates.

N

Not really. Just look how quickly we (here) all went from 'the Big East is better than the ACC and consistently outperforms them in bowl games'

... to

'the ACC is the be all end all.."

Quite a remarkable transformation, really. I wonder what precipitated it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom