ACC Opener 2020 - SU @ Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Opener 2020 - SU @ Clemson

There could still be some re-shuffling.
Since both Colgate and Syracuse play at WMU next year, don’t be surprised if Syracuse opens up at WMU (hey, it worked out well last year). It would require some other schedule movements, but we’ve seen other late switches in the past.

If not, then I’ll be at the opener.

Stupid if true.

Stupid if true.
How about if it was a Thursday night game, like this year’s Clemson opener? Even more stupid?

How about if it was a Thursday night game, like this year’s Clemson opener? Even more stupid?

That wouldn’t make a difference.

We already announced the dates of the nonconference games for 2020.
September 12th at Rutgers
September 19th Colgate
September 26th at Western Michigan
October 17th Liberty

Week 1 is a conference game as a result.

Could we opt for a bye week 1st week instead? Iowa State had one week 2.

Additionally could we move Colgate to a neutral site as well and have til October to finish the dome unless things go 100% to schedule? Not sure if there are even venues reasonably close to accommodate?

So, SU plays Clemson in the first game of the season but the beauty part is they will also play them in the last game of the same season.

Additionally could we move Colgate to a neutral site as well and have til October to finish the dome unless things go 100% to schedule? Not sure if there are even venues reasonably close to accommodate?
We always joke about playing in Ithaca but Colgate is a team we could play there if we had to play there.
They are in the region.
If next year had 2 bye weeks I wouldn’t mind a bye week 1.

Bright side is it could be game one of a new QB for them.

We always joke about playing in Ithaca but Colgate is a team we could play there if we had to play there.
They are in the region.

I'm not a CNY resident nor native but Schoellkopf Field holds 25,597 and looks like it would be a great venue for a 1 off.
I'd pay WAY more than I do to get into the Dome to go to that if it ever were to happen and I'm probably not alone there. Curious how many season ticket holders do we have total from zones A-D to make sure to accommodate first?

They are in the region.
There's only 1 bye week next year. It's a 7-year cycle. This year was year 7 and next year the cycle starts over again with year 1.

Ughh if true this screw up everything. My bosses daughter is an athletic trainer for the Clemson football team, we were planning on catching this one together. This would put it too close to moose hunting season, so he'd be out for sure.

Sonnary wanted to hit the US open next year, this might make it possible to do both. If I had to pick only one... Idk man, I think I gotta give her one.

I thought that the Dome had to be completed before football season began. I was told that was an absolute, and had to happen... Did this change?

I thought that the Dome had to be completed before football season began. I was told that was an absolute, and had to happen... Did this change?
I am sure the school just wants to give a couple of weeks to make sure everything is done.
We know week 2 we are at Rutgers so not playing a game at home week 1 would ensure an extra 2 weeks to make sure everything is done.

Yikes we have benefited from the early match ups last couple of years but I don't think its beneficial this year or next.

But Week 1 road ACC game was pretty likely to be a loss at least noone will have any expectations.

Man I hate starting the year on the road and not having a home week 1 gimme to get the offense up and running.

I dont mind this as it makes planning the road trip a little easier...we have to play them sometime and we'll be an underdog no matter what. Only downside to early game is it'll be hotter there...but a night game would offset that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom