ACC Opponents Next Year | Syracusefan.com

ACC Opponents Next Year

javadoc

All American
I haven't followed things enough to know what we face next year. How are things looking? I'm mostly interested in projections based on what we know, i.e. teams with known numbers of starters returning, quality players returning, etc. Ignore the unknowns, like "we will have a true freshman who leads the nation in interceptions".

Did Florida State improve throughout the year? What do they have coming back?

Wake will probably be tougher. Glad we have them at home.

NC State, them. But hopefully they drop off due to offensive losses. Expect them to be a tough game every year based on talent alone.

Duke? What do they look like next year?

I think we've lapped BC so not as concerned there.

Could a new coach get Louisville's existing talent up to potential super quick? Are as many players planning to exit as originally hinted?

OOC, Maryland should be at a disadvantage due to coaching change. How good is their returning talent?

duke/nc st will have new QBs

maryland is athletic with a good RB

Wake will be wake. they lose a good amount too though

FSU on the road will be the key to the season.

UL who knows.

BC loses most of the oline and dline.. we need to take advantage of that

BC lost their offensive coordinator.

If Maryland hires Locksley and he brings Jalen Hurts as a grad transfer, I don’t like that.

In terms of FSU - their O-Line remained terrible, and I've seen people opine that it'll be just as bad next year, if not worse. Also seen rumors that Francois is going to transfer out. Burns is viewed as a first rounder this year, so he's probably gone too.

Wake will have the freshman QB back plus Dortch. Their run defense improved after we beat them, but I don't think there's going to be a miraculous turn around there.

Duke got smoked by Wake, and their QB, Jones, could forgo his senior year if his draft stock stays high. Not sure how athletic they are on either side of the ball.

BC lost their offensive coordinator.

If Maryland hires Locksley and he brings Jalen Hurts as a grad transfer, I don’t like that.
I doubt hurts would go to maryland from alabama, he can go to almost any SEC school. His reason for staying was Dan Enos the QB coach not locksley, Kasim Hill is a pretty good QB pigrome is decent, don't think he'd go to maryland to have a QB battle, lockley doesn't impress me at all i hope maryland hires him, Keeping canada with is offense would make for an interesting game

I’ll be honest, I think 2019 may be a bit of a step back bc I’m conservative. But, I also think that we can compete with anyone on the schedule, the trick will be how we close out toss up games.

I’ll be honest, I think 2019 may be a bit of a step back bc I’m conservative. But, I also think that we can compete with anyone on the schedule, the trick will be how we close out toss up games.
Step back to 9 wins?;)

I worry about the OL and the effect that their play will have on a new QB.

That’s the spirit.

Isn't it wonderful to know that SU can compete/beat with every team on their schedule? We all know breaks/injuries and other outside things can swing a few wins to losses and vice a versa but still, it is an exciting time.

Clemson will be Clemson - but they lose a fair amount from the D. Could be fun in the Dome.

I'm really hoping to scratch Doak Campbell off my list next year.

It's fun to speculate - but who could have predicted this season in the ACC? Even BC looked like giant killers until Clemson shat all over the dudes

Did Daniel Jones announce he is leaving for the draft? Isn't he a junior?
nope. but just assuming he might since he is rated on top of many peoples boards..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom