ACC Preseason Poll and Awards | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Preseason Poll and Awards

The preseason poll is soo stupid. Duke is selected to finish first every year since we have been in the league and every year they don’t finish first.
So what else is new?

This may be the last year for that since K is leaving. I saw some posts on the Duke site over the weekend in which folks are already expressing doubts about Scheyer.

So what else is new?

This may be the last year for that since K is leaving. I saw some posts on the Duke site over the weekend in which folks are already expressing doubts about Scheyer.

Its a start of the year power ranking and the conference seems to be going through a bit of a transition.

Scheyer has a great class coming in for 2022. Talent won’t be an excuse, but that said even K is starting to see diminishing returns recycling freshman every year and AJ Griffin is already out until at least December.

Last edited:
Is Mark Williams on Duke a player that people are familiar with?

I can rattle off the Duke starting lineups from the 90s and 2000s with ease, but I guess he was on Duke last year and averaged 7 ppg?
I fear Williams more than any other player on their roster (although I have not seen their stud freshman play). Williams went for 18 & 11 against us last season. In their last game (before Covid hit them?), he went for 23 & 19 vs Louisville.

The first half of the season, he usually didn't play double-figure minutes, but he really came on at the end. Whether that was because he "wasn't ready" or mishandled by K, I have no idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom