ACC refs - fair and balanced | Syracusefan.com

ACC refs - fair and balanced

Shark58

BANNED
giphy.gif

One of our guys threw a ridiculous elbow and didn’t get tossed after review. Zebras have been fine. They aren’t launching all those threes for UVA.

i'd say we actually caught the breaks tonite. brissett should have been tossed.

Ah come on! Everybody here knows when SU loses to a top 10 team its because of the refs!

the first half the refs were actually pro-orange..big-time...it felt weird. i think being senior night had them sympathetic. brissett's elbow did not help matters though...and all the boos from the crowd...

and then in the second half...it seemed they got fed up and just reverted to status quo...UVA is slick they get away with a lot of handchecking and 'inadvertant" bumps...battle might have worn out his acc welcome...he got fouled a bunch but didn't get the calls.

but overall this is not a game that the refs lost at all...the refs actually wanted to help SYR in this one...but refs+syr wasnt enough for UVA.

The Brisette elbow deserved a Flagrant 1, but if there was any real contact the UVA kid should immediately join one of the professional fighting circuits because he has a stone jaw can’t be knocked out. There is no way that’s an F2 and no way he should be tossed.

As usual I thought SU got the short end (not that it mattered).

But the worst call of the night might have been the travel on #30's dunk near the end. What was that ref even looking at? Kid took one step and threw it down. It wasn't close to a walk.

ACC refs are terrible.

As usual I thought SU got the short end (not that it mattered).

But the worst call of the night might have been the travel on #30's dunk near the end. What was that ref even looking at? Kid took one step and threw it down. It wasn't close to a walk.

ACC refs are terrible.
They didn’t call a travel. Tony took a timeout there to get subs in and told the refs to just allow the subs and keep the game going. His “keep it moving” hand signal was basically the same as a traveling signal, and the ref evidently used the same motion to the table, which confused McDonough and the scorekeeper. It took them a long time to get the points up, but they did.

They didn’t call a travel. Tony took a timeout there to get subs in and told the refs to just allow the subs and keep the game going. His “keep it moving” hand signal was basically the same as a traveling signal, and the ref evidently used the same motion to the table, which confused McDonough and the scorekeeper. It took them a long time to get the points up, but they did.

Huh, weird. I see that the dunk is recorded in the play by play.

Fair enough, then the worst call of the night was definitely when Battle got fouled twice on that 15-footer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom