ACC refs will screw 'Cuse and Pitt | Syracusefan.com

ACC refs will screw 'Cuse and Pitt

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
Do you know how many fouls will be called on us?! It will be ridiculous. I'm calling it right now we lose 2-5 games in ACC play, because of being too physical. Can't have us nudging one of Duke's small white boys now can we? He could break a nail... :bang:

We will see, but I would guess that Pitt will have a harder time with that than us. We can play a style thats less physical while that is all Pitt knows how to do. Plus we get screwed big time 2-3 games a year in the BE where they call nothing against teams like Pitt so its more than likely a wash.

I think our style, moreso than Pitts fits the ACC style of play. Then again I still think we are a physical team.

I may be naive, but I think our program has enough clout that our games will be officiated fairly.

Although, I will set the over/under for Pitt players fouling out the first time they play at Cameron at 4.5.

Eh, everyone is going to see bias in the officiating against their team. We'll prolly see more bitching in the ACC - whether it turns out to be real or not, who knows.

IF the ACC goes to 16 they will need to add refs. Big East will need less refs with fewer teams. I think we can expect some Big East refs to land on their feet in the ACC.

This is a non-issue. Plus VT, BC, and Miami haven't been hurt in football or basketball by the refs. Hell VT has ruled that conference in football the past 7 years.

It's a non-issue

No way Syracuse gets screwed by this; losing the tournament at the Garden and all our natural rivals stinks, but nothing about the officiating is going to hurt us. We're not a physical team. We get clobbered nearly every time we play a physcial team.

Hopefully this will mean no more Tim Higgins and Jim Burr
They're close to retirement anyway, but I think at least one of them works ACC games on a fairly regular basis. And before you get too happy about it, we'll get good ole TV Teddy Valentine back!

Wait until you see what happens with the BE refs for as long as we stick around... Let the conspiracy theorists begin.

Do you know how many fouls will be called on us?! It will be ridiculous. I'm calling it right now we lose 2-5 games in ACC play, because of being too physical. Can't have us nudging one of Duke's small white boys now can we? He could break a nail... :bang:

Unlike football, basketball does not have conference crews. Pitt will not be able to get away with that clutch and grab style of theirs at Cameron...

You realize officials are independent contractors who can call as many games as they can physically attend and if you think Burr, Cahill, Higgins, and co. don't call ACC games you are crazy. Instead of getting awful calls in Gampel or Wachova Center we will get hosed in Cameron or the Dean Dome no difference. ACC officials aren't going to be any different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom