ACC round table | Syracusefan.com

ACC round table

Although I thought he was a little rough with the worst case scenario of a 6 seed, I have to respect that. After all, even though we here know they will pull together, there are some variables that can hurt us, ie PG depth, outside shooting.

I think both of those uncertainties won't be a problem, but they are uncertainties. ;)
Still, our front court could possibly make up for any shortcomings.

Tall, athletic, defensive-minded and aggressive. Not many schools have that this year.

I would easily list Ennis as the ‘Most Important Player’. Just due to roster construction, we are depending on him a ton.

I’ve kind of chalked up Grant being really, really good, so I might not even count him as the Most Important Frontcourt player. I think I’d make that DC2 as I think he gives us a really cool, Arinze like dimension if we get the freshman to soph leap.

Jay Bilas did his ACC rankings for next year he has
1. Duke
2. Syracuse
3. North Carolina
4. Notre Dame
5. Virginia
6. Pittsburgh
7. Maryland
8. Boston College
9. Miami
10. NC State
11. Georgia Tech
12. Clemson
13. Florida State
14. Wake Forest
15. Virginia Tech

I mean he is always so negative about SU during the broadcasts. :)
There was the one time when he sent in his "power rankings" too early. Ranked us lower than the week before even though we had just beat #1 Louisville. :eek:
Must have sent them in the day of, thinking we would lose.
Never sleep on us. Or actually, please do. Gives us some fire.

There was the one time when he sent in his "power rankings" too early. Ranked us lower than the week before even though we had just beat #1 Louisville. :eek:
Must have sent them in the day of, thinking we would lose.
Never sleep on us. Or actually, please do. Gives us some fire.
There was a poster last week on the football board in a thread about Jay Bilas destroying the NCAA who was convinced Bilas is always anti-SU and it was pretty funny that universally everyone was telling him that he was entitled to his opinion but it was wrong. Bilas is our biggest supporter on ESPN IMO. He loves JB and McDonough his partner is an alum he goes out of his way to praise us.

There was a poster last week on the football board in a thread about Jay Bilas destroying the NCAA who was convinced Bilas is always anti-SU and it was pretty funny that universally everyone was telling him that he was entitled to his opinion but it was wrong. Bilas is our biggest supporter on ESPN IMO. He loves JB and McDonough his partner is an alum he goes out of his way to praise us.
Yeah, you're right. I kind of gave him a bad rap from that one incident, but have opened my ears a little more recently.

I would be very surprised if we finished anywhere that wasn't 1st or 2nd in the ACC this year. We should be pretty well tested by the time conference play starts and will enjoy a huge advantage at the Dome against teams that are not used to it or our defense. There are questions but if one of BJ, Buss, Cooney or MikeG can be a serious 3pt threat (36% or better) and Ennis is as good as I believe he is (which he is) then we sould have an excellent first ACC run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom