ACC Schedule Feb 10-12 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule Feb 10-12

I know FSU got that call with 90 seconds left that gave them possession.

But Duke getting a call that was basically a 4 point swing. You never, ever see a cylinder call for a player when he’s in the paint. It amazes me some of the calls they get each year.

So we are now only 2 games in the loss column behind FSU. Just sayin.

I was on the phone, how did they justify giving the ball to FSU when nwora was literally out of bounds when he slapped the ball?

that out of bounds call was strange but the elbow call should at least been reviewed or at least discussed between the refs a bit better

But that is what FSU is and has been, a group of very athletic low IQ players. probably beat us by 20

ND v Virginia, what say you?

I'm going to go ahead and say we win the NC State game for this. Who do we want to win this one. On one hand if Virginia loses we would be alone in fourth place, but with two teams one game behind us as we head into road games at Florida State and Louisville. On the other if Notre Dame loses we are still tied for fourth but we will be two games ahead of the Irish.

Someone posted earlier in the week this is a no win/lose game for us, which is probably right. But what does everyone else think?

A side note, I can't believe the Irish are 14-8 and hovering around .500 in the conference. Brey is a solid coach.

I'm going to go ahead and say we win the NC State game for this. Who do we want to win this one. On one hand if Virginia loses we would be alone in fourth place, but with two teams one game behind us as we head into road games at Florida State and Louisville. On the other if Notre Dame loses we are still tied for fourth but we will be two games ahead of the Irish.

Someone posted earlier in the week this is a no win/lose game for us, which is probably right. But what does everyone else think?

A side note, I can't believe the Irish are 14-8 and hovering around .500 in the conference. Brey is a solid coach.
Brey is an ok coach. 18 years at ND he has two elite eights and one sweet sixteen. But his kids probably graduate. Has no violations. Solid citizen. Perfect for ND but might not cut it at schools looking for more.

I'd say Brey's talent level is less. Though that's on him I suppose as recruiting is part of the job.

He did win and ACC tournament, so you can add that to his accolades. But agree, he's not great but solid as I had suggested.

I'd say Brey's talent level is less. Though that's on him I suppose as recruiting is part of the job.

He did win and ACC tournament, so you can add that to his accolades. But agree, he's not great but solid as I had suggested.
But, he never made it to a BE tournament final.

It's a toss-up. So, I go for the home team. An ND win would count for more than a UVa win.

The NCAA tournament likes TV draws.

Take UVA to win. The NCAA would be very happy with Duke, UL, FSU, UVA and Cuse. They'd love UNC too but they are going to need a run.

The NCAA tournament likes TV draws.

Take UVA to win. The NCAA would be very happy with Duke, UL, FSU, UVA and Cuse. They'd love UNC too but they are going to need a run.

Upon further thought Virginia is probably a main competitor for a tournament spot. It would likely be better to have them lose, no?

Don’t overthink this. We beat both on the road and lost to both at home. We’re practically equal to them in KenPom.

UVA losing is better for us in the ACC standings.

ND would be better but it’s not significant either way, I wouldn’t worry about it

Don’t overthink this. We beat both on the road and lost to both at home. We’re practically equal to them in KenPom.

UVA losing is better for us in the ACC standings.

ND would be better but it’s not significant either way, I wouldn’t worry about it
Yup. A lot games the next couple weeks will potentially impact the top half of the standings. Cuse has one job and one job only. Nothing else matters right now.

Well, an ND win now would mean a four way tie for fourth. So go ND

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom