ACC scheduling tidbit | Syracusefan.com

ACC scheduling tidbit

I would think it would make sense for Syracuse to play in DC against Howard or the University of the District of Columbia.

With the strong following Syracuse has in that area, the game could probably be played at Capital One and draw a really big crowd.

This would make as much money for the HBCU as possible. Win-win for both schools.

Coppin or Morgan St?

Coppin or Morgan St?
Maybe. There are worse places to play than Baltimore. We certainly have taken our share of good ones out of there (and continue to do so).

The closest I think, is Cheney State, near Philly. It would be good to play a game there, in an area with a lot of SU fans that we recruit a lot. Chance would have an easy drive. JBA could invite his friends. Woo hoo!

I would think it would make sense for Syracuse to play in DC against Howard or the University of the District of Columbia.

With the strong following Syracuse has in that area, the game could probably be played at Capital One and draw a really big crowd.

This would make as much money for the HBCU as possible. Win-win for both schools.
Maybe. There are worse places to play than Baltimore. We certainly have taken our share of good ones out of there (and continue to do so).

The closest I think, is Cheney State, near Philly. It would be good to play a game there, in an area with a lot of SU fans that we recruit a lot. Chance would have an easy drive. JBA could invite his friends. Woo hoo!
Cheney and UDC are D-II schools.

I work with the Basketball team at Central State University in Wilberforce, OH (outside of Dayton roughly) in chaplaincy/discipleship role. It’s a D-II HBCU. I know it would never happen, but the dream of Syracuse playing CSU would be amazing, I think my head would explode;)

Delaware State (Dover, DE) is not far from the DC/Baltimore/Philly markets.

we worry about our games in a dome.. a bball game in nov will have 2-300 people at it.

This idea could actually backfire.

Imagine the pressure on the HBCU to offer as many tickets as possible. Then there is an outbreak...you fill in the rest

I assume FSU will play FAMU
If Miami doesn't play Bethune Cookman that could be a nice game for SU and their fans at the 8000 seat convention center in Daytona Beach.

Last edited:
My Bad!
We'd have to play against the MEAC and SWAC, because they're D-1.

MEAC - NC Central (aka the Duke intrasquad game), NC A&T, Norfolk State, Bethune-Cookman, Morgan State, Howard, SC State, Maryland-Eastern Shore, and Florida A&M

SWAC- Prairie View, Southern, Texas Southern, Jackson State, Alcorn State, Grambling State, Alabama State, Alabama A&M, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Mississippi Valley State

Imagine the pressure on the HBCU to offer as many tickets as possible. Then there is an outbreak...you fill in the rest

If Miami doesn't play Bethune Cookman that could be a nice game for SU and their fans at the 8000 seat convention center in Daytona Beach.

I used to go there every year for an ROTC tournament. Now that would be a fun place to play

I don’t know if things are better now, but there might be a problem pairing FSU and Florida A&M in a basketball game. They had a legendary brawl back in 1991, just before they started playing hoops in the ACC.

To make these games more interesting (and fair) the 2 best players on the ACC team should suit up for the opponent. Now that would attract big time attention to the games. Otherwise they're just routes.

To make these games more interesting (and fair) the 2 best players on the ACC team should suit up for the opponent. Now that would attract big time attention to the games. Otherwise they're just routes.

Elam Ending !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom