Big Ten, SEC to talk possible scheduling partnership | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Big Ten, SEC to talk possible scheduling partnership

Maybe.

Or the SEC-Big Ten could be making the European Super League Bet:

With the overwhelming majority of the top teams, the other two P4 conferences, and the rest of D1, do not matter.

Eyeballs will still be on them because those two conferences have virtually all the top teams.

We'll see how it all evolves.
But non SEC/B1G fans may eventually lose interest. So maybe the P2 go as far as they can but right up to that edge. Also, if it becomes a P2 monopoly Congress may be moved to get involved to protect their non-P2 constituents' interests.

I can see (and at this point probably prefer) the B18 and the SEC trying to become like the NFC/AFC. But they will need to add more schools.

IMO that would need to be 7 divisions of 4 teams (28 in each conference), or 6 divisions of 5 teams (30 teams total). I think anything under 28 is not enough and anything over 30 is too many.

Heck even 2x30 might be too much. I suppose both conferences do not have to be the same size. A 30 team B18 and a 24 team SEC works out better than 2x30.

If you have divisions, then you go back to traditional games and regions. It also allows 6-7 schools to be good at the same time. While now you can only have 2-3 at a time because the CCG is the only achievement within conference.

So each side can play 10 conference games and 2 OOC vs the other conference. Conferences have their own playoffs, with the two winners playing in the National CG.

I wouldn't be so sure.

The Big 10 and SEC have 12 of the top 15 teams in the polls right now.

They would get 8 out of the 14.

If they eliminate the committee, make it stats-based and play mostly each other OOC...they would probably get at least 10, if not more, of the 14 spots...which means they would also get most of the payout on top of already getting the most TV money..

Game, set, match.

Checkmate.

Blitzkrieg.

I honestly don't think they care whether the rest of the country watches or not.
They do not. This is their power play to steal everythingThey inter to make it so that they have Toal control. IT is all just whatever they say. Rules Based Order, and they make all rules and then rescind them as they wish and decide all interpretartions of those rules. They get all kinky from the system and will allot it out others as they decide.

I wish it worked like the basketball tournament where each conference winner gets an auto bid. This would incentivize teams to win their conference and reduce the need to schedule cupcakes as going undefeated isn’t nearly as important. Smaller conferences still get some representation and it opens up the door for some Cinderella upsets in football.
Why do you think they killed the Pac> And want to kill the ACC? Eliminate those possible auto bids and add them to BT and SEC auto bids.

Never watching an SEC or B1G game again. Already had enough reason to dislike the programs.
Sure Jan GIF

I get what he's saying. But it's awful hard when for instance, like last Saturday you're settling in for the evening and see #2 Georgia at #4 Alabama at 7:30p. That's a hard game to ignore.

I can see (and at this point probably prefer) the B18 and the SEC trying to become like the NFC/AFC. But they will need to add more schools.

IMO that would need to be 7 divisions of 4 teams (28 in each conference), or 6 divisions of 5 teams (30 teams total). I think anything under 28 is not enough and anything over 30 is too many.

Heck even 2x30 might be too much. I suppose both conferences do not have to be the same size. A 30 team B18 and a 24 team SEC works out better than 2x30.

If you have divisions, then you go back to traditional games and regions. It also allows 6-7 schools to be good at the same time. While now you can only have 2-3 at a time because the CCG is the only achievement within conference.

So each side can play 10 conference games and 2 OOC vs the other conference. Conferences have their own playoffs, with the two winners playing in the National CG.

If they got to 28 teams each, I think they'd do 4 divisions of 7 teams. Play each of the 6 teams, then 6 others in conference that rotate. 4 divisions makes their playoffs cleaner. 4 division winners plus 2 wild card teams (top 2 get byes).

I Have already dedicated myself to watching ACC games only and I live in Florida.. I record all ACC games and than spend the whole week watching my recorded games. I Love it and it keeps me up on every team. My home team is Syracuse.
Not sure if this is serious.

If they got to 28 teams each, I think they'd do 4 divisions of 7 teams. Play each of the 6 teams, then 6 others in conference that rotate. 4 divisions makes their playoffs cleaner. 4 division winners plus 2 wild card teams (top 2 get byes).
The larger the divisions the less you play teams outside division and OOC. TV doesn’t want that. Fans don’t want that.

With 7 teams and a 10 game conference you play about one in 5 years. And that is assuming no yearly cross overs (like Bama-Tenn).

You also create only 4 “it” programs. Each division will have one King at a time. The more Kings the better for TV, fan engagement, and branding.

That IMO has been one of the issues with expansion. You collect Kings but not enough Kingdoms. So IMO 7 Kingdoms is the way to go.

Plus two Wild Cards to play for that 8th spot. That protects putting a Texas and Oklahoma together.

Also the more conference playoff games the more money. The conference playoffs replace the FBS playoffs. The money just goes direct to the conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom