ACC (Southern) Traditions--Time To Step Up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC (Southern) Traditions--Time To Step Up

I don't know about the mutton yet, but y'all need to check out the weather and the map for away games:

http://www.weather.com/activities/homeandgarden/home/picnic/barbecuestates.html

nc+sc+barbecue+map.jpg

I start tailgating six hours prior to the game and use a charcoal grill.

But, you have humbled me today that I need a car window flag. Thank you.

Ok confession time even though I am a Lutheran. ;) I admit, during the GRob years I might have chosen to 'rake leaves' some Saturdays and it carried over into the first of the Marrone years. That being said, the first game this year I will bring a metal bucket with some leaves and burn them while drinking a beer. It will be a small ceremony but bring on the damn ACC! LGO!

Ok I have a few suggestions for my NE Based Cuse Fans:
3. If your car isn't sporting one of these items (or something similar) on your car 24/7 you are not doing it right.
images
I think I have an unused Syracusefan.com window cling somewhere in my house, from the early 2000's. Any bidders? :D

Online just Google Syracuse car flags. Shouldn't pay more than $12.95. Sporting two is Hardnosed. Manny's sell them on the Hill if you are in Cuse.

Word of advice...just remember you have the thing on so you don't open the window going down the freeway. Putting them on your rear passenger windows work too!

Live in NC and had a Cuse flag until about march. Wife drove the car and forgot flag was on there and opened the window. She heard a noise but didn't know what it was. When she got back I asked if she took the flag down. Boom lightbulb. She looked at me and said I have something to tell you...I think you get the rest of the story. Guess I will just have to come up this fall and get another.

Kinda weak defense since beer sales end at the start of the 3rd Quarter.
when do other places end??

i could be wrong, but if i recall correctly, in the last 1o years ive been to the Giants Stadiums, the Dome, the linc, fedex, gillette, whatever the hell they call the ravens and obviously Yankee Stadium (which i feel i should point out, ive seen the Orange there 2X!!! and yet never the dodgers. :confused: this will be corrected today and will complete my personal circle, and inadvertent quest, of seeing every MLB team @ Yankee Stadium) and they all stop beer sales at the start of the 3rd.

so like Chip said, you just prepare for it.

now back in the 90s?? fuggedaboutit, theyd sell you a beer for the walk to your car.

Ok confession time even though I am a Lutheran. ;) I admit, during the GRob years I might have chosen to 'rake leaves' some Saturdays and it carried over into the first of the Marrone years. That being said, the first game this year I will bring a metal bucket with some leaves and burn them while drinking a beer. It will be a small ceremony but bring on the damn ACC! LGO!

Do I see the beginnings of a new tradition here? A bucket of burning leaves have got to smell better than a burning couch.

Attachments

• west-virginia-burning-couch.jpg
    west-virginia-burning-couch.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 90
when do other places end??

i could be wrong, but if i recall correctly in the last 1o years ive been to the Giants Stadiums, the Dome, the linc, fedex, gillette, whatever the hell they call the ravens and obviously Yankee Stadium (which i feel i should point out, ive seen the Orange there 2X!!! and yet never the dodgers. :confused: this will be corrected today and will complete my personal circle, and inadvertent quest, of seeing every MLB team @ Yankee Stadium) and they all stop beer sales at the start of the 3rd.

so like Chip said, you just prepare for it.

now back in the 90s?? fuggedaboutit, theyd sell you a beer on the walk to your car.

We have Southern Teams beat on Beer Sales to the general Tix Holder...but they win on most everything else on Game Day.

Case in point the vast majority of them arrive early to tailgate at least for an hour or two...as opposed to almost getting run over on the walk to the Dome with beer in hand by the cars stuck in traffic trying to park at the last minute. My hope is our fanbase culture embraces the best of the ACC over the next decade. Keep our best best traditions but adopt some of theirs.

Mark, you know this...every football weekend is Homecoming at the UNCs ad UVas of the world. That's never really gonna happen at SU to the same level.

Flip side of the coin, they're gonna be stunned at the hoops takeover of arenas, and the folks at Stubhub will love it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom