ACC teams rallying behind Conference... | Syracusefan.com

ACC teams rallying behind Conference...

arbitragegls

All Conference
So far UNC and Virginia University have made public disclosure of their remaining in the ACC...and happy to be there. In the words of UNC..."been 60 years and looking forward to another 60 years..."; and Virginia University has released this statement:

http://www.virginiasports.com/genrel/112712aag.html

According to my source, there will be several more statements coming forward...including from the universities deemed Football powers.

It is going to be a roller coaster ride...but it will be meaningful from a conference with a positive future. It is being worked on that Navy could join for football-actual upgrade to Maryland--and hence Notre Dame is into the ACC for 6 games/yr...Navy would not be considered part of the 5...also Notre Dame has not said no to joining over next few years...watch as the decision moves forward...which university/universities are added will signal what direction the conference is going and whether Notre Dame is a high possibility of full time association in near future...otherwise is it the academics or the athletic prowess that is taking control..note that two universities could be added that bring different positives and therefore are really a negotiated acceptance to both fractions. Conference wants an even # of football teams but does not believe it must have an even number...

It is my understanding that 'Cuse/Pitt have no votes until July 1, 2013. Go 'Cuse...nothing worthwhile is easy to do or to achieve. (beginning to dislike college sports realignment..business acquisitions are so less complicated)

Hopefully FSU is one of them.

I hope that once the ACC members decide that they're all in that they aim higher than UConn and Louisville.

I never know exactly what you're saying, but I appreciate the updates.

Don't bet on navy until you hear it from the source

The UVa statement as discussed in another thread, is much stronger than the UNC statement but I'm sure every school that has ever left a conference has said they weren't if there rumors of them leaving.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The UVa statement as discussed in another thread, is much stronger than the UNC statement but I'm sure every school that has ever left a conference has said they weren't if there rumors of them leaving.

Most - not all. Mizzou was squealing like a pig last year before they ended up in the SEC.

No doubt. And there are probably documented cases where schools that were rumored to be leaving a conference denied the rumors and stated that they intended to stay...and actually did!

Most - not all. Mizzou was squealing like a pig last year before they ended up in the SEC.

I also don't remember Syracuse pledging a long term commitment to the BE. WVU certainly was open about their feelings. When rumors in 2011 surfaced about Pitt to the Big 12 due to their "cache," Pitt sort of issued a half assed denial. A&M made their desire to leave known forever.

I read completely different opinions on another board that the UNC statement is carefully crafted not to commit either way. They could have worded it much stronger IF they were actually sure they will stay in ACC. It's crafted very politically though which rings some alarm bells.

So don't take anything as a sure sign either way right now. We'll know what happens by the end of the year.

So far UNC and Virginia University have made public disclosure of their remaining in the ACC...and happy to be there. In the words of UNC..."been 60 years and looking forward to another 60 years..."; and Virginia University has released this statement:

http://www.virginiasports.com/genrel/112712aag.html

According to my source, there will be several more statements coming forward...including from the universities deemed Football powers.

It is going to be a roller coaster ride...but it will be meaningful from a conference with a positive future. It is being worked on that Navy could join for football-actual upgrade to Maryland--and hence Notre Dame is into the ACC for 6 games/yr...Navy would not be considered part of the 5...also Notre Dame has not said no to joining over next few years...watch as the decision moves forward...which university/universities are added will signal what direction the conference is going and whether Notre Dame is a high possibility of full time association in near future...otherwise is it the academics or the athletic prowess that is taking control..note that two universities could be added that bring different positives and therefore are really a negotiated acceptance to both fractions. Conference wants an even # of football teams but does not believe it must have an even number...

It is my understanding that 'Cuse/Pitt have no votes until July 1, 2013. Go 'Cuse...nothing worthwhile is easy to do or to achieve. (beginning to dislike college sports realignment..business acquisitions are so less complicated)

Thanks for interesting updates.

Would ACC really consider Navy unless ND made an actual committment as a full time member?

Is Navy actually seen as a football/market upgrade to MD?

It has been suggested that perhaps Georgetown could be invited as a BB only member. If ACC actually wants/plans to create a TV channel, would adding GT, Nova, St. John's as BB only members be considered, to reinforce the northeast/DC markets?

The problem with adding 2 additional football schools is that it further dilutes the games the existing members play against each other?

Is there any thought of creating perhaps "pods" that allow for rotating divisions that allow for example FSU to play GT or VT more than once every 6 years or SU to play Miami or VT more than once every 6 years?

What team made such a statement and then left?
Not to mention endorsing a lawsuit to enforce a $50 million exit fee. Say what you will but this is pretty strong stuff. The ACC is not the BE.

Would ACC really consider Navy unless ND made an actual committment as a full time member?

It has been suggested that perhaps Georgetown could be invited as a BB only member. If ACC actually wants/plans to create a TV channel, would adding GT, Nova, St. John's as BB only members be considered, to reinforce the northeast/DC markets?

The problem with adding 2 additional football schools is that it further dilutes the games the existing members play against each other?

Is there any thought of creating perhaps "pods" that allow for rotating divisions that allow for example FSU to play GT or VT more than once every 6 years or SU to play Miami or VT more than once every 6 years?

who in the hell wouldn't want part of the gov't in their conference...let's see if Delaney flucks with the military. Half ,if not most big 10 tens are close to the shipping lanes...bombs away bitches

Hopefully FSU is one of them.

I hope that once the ACC members decide that they're all in that they aim higher than UConn and Louisville.

I agree with this completely. Navy only if it gets ND. Who is 16? Texas or Penn St?

its good to aim higher but those schools all at about 1% chance of happening except nd at maybe 5%

I agree with this completely. Navy only if it gets ND. Who is 16? Texas or Penn St?

Texas. They're going somewhere and it would be stupid for the ACC to simply cede them to the Pac or B1G.

David Teel@DavidTeelatDP
Sorry to rain on Navy-to-ACC parade, but that ain't happening

https://twitter.com/DavidTeelatDP