ACC to consider future sanctions r.e. court storming | Syracusefan.com

ACC to consider future sanctions r.e. court storming

Roy Williams probably whined more last year. Roy is not whining this year, because no fan base feels like they have accomplished much beating UNC.

Is there any arena in the country where the student section is as close to the inbounder as Cameron?

Coach K seems to be awfully worried about his own players being unnecessarily provoked. Hoping he has no issues with an ACC player decking a fan next time they are poked.

I hope that Duke takes the necessary actions to reconfigure its seating as well, as Coach K seems so concerned about the safety of ACC players.

1 coach rants after a loss about reporters and their ignorance and he is considered a cranky, outdated lame duck. Another coach rants about court storming and they pass a law against it. It's good to be king, eh Mike?

There is a little difference.
K has a serious point.
Boeheim was juvenile and arrogant.

(And I'm not defending K's behavior with the cursing and confronts...just the point that these court stormings are potentially dangerous).

1 coach rants after a loss about reporters and their ignorance and he is considered a cranky, outdated lame duck. Another coach rants about court storming and they pass a law against it. It's good to be king, eh Mike?

did you see how he was acting on the sidelines and the way he was interacting with the officals throughout the second half?? talk about petulant.

did you see how he was acting on the sidelines and the way he was interacting with the officals throughout the second half?? talk about petulant.

Yep, he got one technical, and then he kept on basically daring the official to throw him out of the game.

don't really know what petulant means. but if it means potentially dangerous (like say a sharpened #2 pencil) then yes it should absolutely be outlawed at all games . i can count on..well zero fingers... the number of players injured during court rushings during this season alone. end the madness that is march

There is a little difference.
K has a serious point.
Boeheim was juvenile and arrogant.

(And I'm not defending K's behavior with the cursing and confronts...just the point that these court stormings are potentially dangerous).
don't kid yourself. K is without a doubt being juvenile and arrogant with his court storming crusade. It stems from a frustrating loss, and no more. Pulleeez

How lopsided is the ACC that every time a team beats Duke their fans have to storm the court? Talk about little sisters of the poor.

I wonder if we will see the same court stormings on the rare occasions an ACC team beats us.

Yes, taking one knee to beg for a call and feign respect. I thought that was embarrassing for him. And he was spending entire timeouts working the refs. Good for them for standing up to him.

I might get hazed for the following response, but here goes...

As has been mentioned before, the overall parity in college basketball has resulted in a lot more upsets, and subsequent court stormings. Duke has been subject to 4 of these I believe, so I'm sure Coach K. is sick of them. Who wouldn't be?

I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but I do respect Coach K. Would he have done this if it hadn't happened so much this year? Probably not. But that doesn't mean he doesn't also have his players' best interest and safety in mind, either.

As has been mentioned before, the overall parity in college basketball has resulted in a lot more upsets, and subsequent court stormings. Duke has been subject to 4 of these I believe, so I'm sure Coach K. is sick of them. Who wouldn't be?

I hate Duke as much as the next guy, but I do respect Coach K. Would he have done this if it hadn't happened so much this year? Probably not. But that doesn't mean he doesn't also have his players' best interest and safety in mind, either.

If its about safety Duke needs to take the first step and move their sutdent section a bit more off the court.

Coach K is right. These aren't safe. You can't confirm that every person rushing the court will leave you alone and focus on their own celebration.

At least in football, the players have pads and helmets on. Coaches might have a little more room to move and get off the field.

Basketball you're instantly trapped. I don't blame him for speaking out. But like most things in this country, nothing will happen until an opposing player or coach is punched in the face during one of these. And if that player defends himself, look out.. He'll be jailed for starting a riot. Then they'll put up plexiglass around the court and it will be like watching a hockey game. Make it better now, before one person ruins it for everyone.

Court stormings were a nice novelty when they started. But much like the wave, they need to go.

If its about safety Duke needs to take the first step and move their sutdent section a bit more off the court.

There's a big difference between ON the court and very close to the court. Duke should be subject to any banning of court stormings, just like everywhere else. Except they won't happen at Duke (well, maybe if they're lucky enough to beat Syracuse at Cameron).

Coach K whines, and the ACC listens...

They did mention during last night's telecast that every Duke loss this year has resulted in a court storming.

LOL.

But I could see how that would get old.

is it officially and totally banned at cameron ? as in we will forfeit the win if our fans storm the court?

Yeah what was up with the guy next to him taking notes when K was bitching?

is it officially and totally banned at cameron ? as in we will forfeit the win if our fans storm the court?

duke never plays i higher ranked team anywhere, at any time

Yeah what was up with the guy next to him taking notes when K was bitching?

they must have a 3 game rotation on jabs/insults to the officials "try something else K, you said that one already"

they must have a 3 game rotation on jabs/insults to the officials "try something else K, you said that one already"
The guy looked like little Richard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom