Game 9 - #4 seed Notre Dame vs. Game 5 winner @ 2:30
Game 10 - #2 seed Louisville vs. Game 6 winner @ 7:00
Game 11- #3 seed Duke vs. Game 7 winner @ 9:30

Semifinals Friday March 10th

Game 11 - Game 8 winner vs. Game 9 winner @ 7:00
Game 12 - Game 10 winner vs. Game 11 winner @ 9:30

Finals Saturday March 11th

Game 13 - Game 11 winner vs. Game 12 winner @ 9:00

Thanks again for doing this. I looked at schedules to go and it's worth noting that Virginia Tech as the best chance to get ahead of us, as they 3 of 4 at home and none of the elite teams (Clemson, @BC, Miami, and Wake), while Miami will have a tough time holding the 7 seed (@UVA, Duke, @VaTech, @FSU).

As long as we lock up the bye - we are guaranteed to be playing a team that is an NCAA bubble team (unless NC State or BC win on Tuesday). A win against VaTech or Wake on Wednesday would be awesome for our chances. And then another shot at UNC, DUke, Ville or ND on Thursday?

We have plenty of chances to play ourselves into the field.

Where do you get the game time info? ESPN?

Also just to avoid confusion, you've got VA Tech twice at the 9 & 10 seed.

Where do you get the game time info? ESPN?

Also just to avoid confusion, you've got VA Tech twice at the 9 & 10 seed.
Ga tech is 10 thanks for the info.

after last night Miami moves to 6, SU to 7, and UVA to 8... for the time being

We need to avoid being bracketed with UNC ... and of course Pitt.

And to think, we were a Pitt game win away from being in 2nd place in the conference...

7 seed = awesome sauce

Moves us to the night game! Make it so, #1.

7 seed = awesome sauce

Moves us to the night game! Make it so, #1.

On the one hand, I love a night game because it's nice not having to worry about taking off work.

On the other hand, there's just something glorious about drinking a beer on a March afternoon just as the weather is starting to get warmer watching the Cuse.

we actually stand in 8th place today after Miami and VaTech wins, and would have to play UVA noon thursday :(

2017-02-22_1216.png

On the one hand, I love a night game because it's nice not having to worry about taking off work.

On the other hand, there's just something glorious about drinking a beer on a March afternoon just as the weather is starting to get warmer watching the Cuse.
I'm pretty sure we have a god awful record with opening round conference tournament games that start in early afternoon. In fact I can't remember the last time there was a good outcome. That must be some pretty fine beer you're chugging.

I'm pretty sure we have a god awful record with opening round conference tournament games that start in early afternoon. In fact I can't remember the last time there was a good outcome. That must be some pretty fine beer you're chugging.

Off the top of my head, we beat Seton Hall and Pittsburgh in our last BET in 2013 -- both were played in the afternoon. We also beat St. Johns in 2011 in that game where Fab was surprisingly good.

Off the top of my head, we beat Seton Hall and Pittsburgh in our last BET in 2013 -- both were played in the afternoon. We also beat St. Johns in 2011 in that game where Fab was surprisingly good.
Are you sure we beat St Johns in the BET? My recall is that Fab had a good game but we lost.

the 8/9 seed is the worst. Face tough team right off and even if you win, you get bounced by the #1 seed the next game. We need to avoid UNC we can't match up with them inside. Means we have to avoid being seeded 4, 5, 8, 9.

That sounds pretty accurate on the early afternoon games. I remember several times wondering if I was jinxing the team by making the effort to take the afternoon off to watch.

Think this would be good to post as a reference for tonight's update and beyond...from Syracuse.com

ACC Men's Basketball Tiebreaker: Rules and procedures for determining tournament seeds

The ACC does not use tiebreakers to decide its regular-season champion in men's basketball but it does use tiebreakers for seeding in the ACC Tournament.

The following are the tiebreakers procedures.

(1) When two teams are tied in the standings, regular season head-to-head results are used as the tiebreaker.

(2) If the tied teams played each other twice in the regular season and split their games, then each team's record vs. the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings (or in case of a tie for first place, the next highest position in the regular season standings) and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

a. When arriving at another pair of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures), rather than the performance against the individual tied teams.

b. When comparing records against a single team or a group of teams, the higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against a team or group is unequal. (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1; 1-0 is the same as 2-0; 2-0 is the same as 4-0; 2-1 is the same as 4-2; 1-0 is better than 1-1; 0-1 is the same as 0-2; 0-2 is the same as 0-4). If the winning percentage of the tied teams is equal against a team, or a group of tied teams, continue down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.

(3) If three or more teams are tied in the standings, the following procedures will be used:

a. The combined record of conference games between the tied teams involved will be compiled. Ties will be broken, and seedings assigned, based on the winning percentage of the combined conference records. The higher winning percentage shall prevail, even if the number of games played against the team or group is unequal (i.e., 2-0 is better than 3-1; 1-0 is the same as 2-0; 2-0 is the same as 4-0; 2-1 is the same as 4-2; 1-0 is better than 1-1; 0-1 is the same as 0-2; 0-2 is the same as 0-4).

b. If procedure (a) fails to break the tie, then each tied team's record shall be compared to the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage by a higher winning percentage.

c. If the tie is broken by (a) or (b) regarding one or more teams, but three or more teams remain tied, then procedures (a) and (b) will be reapplied among those tied teams only.

d. If two teams remain tied, procedures (1) and (2) will be followed.

(4) If there is more than one tie in the standings, and when utilizing the tie-breaking procedures there are a pair of teams tied, a team's record against the combined tied teams (prior to their own tie-breaking procedures) is used, rather than performance against the individual tied teams.

(5) If procedures (2) and/or (3) fail to establish an advantage, a coin flip to break the tie will be conducted by the commissioner after the final regular season game before the Conference Championship.

Would hate the Noon game, but would love another shot at Vt, I think we run those clowns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom