ACC Tournament Projections - Volume 1 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tournament Projections - Volume 1

Marsh01

Living Legend
The first ACC Tourney projections now that we are 20% into the conference play.

I wanted to do this early as I was curious as to what times and channels we are playing on. I will update this every week going forward.

Note: some games for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are also listed on the ACC network in addition to either ESPN2 or ESPNU.

Wednesday March 12

Game 1 - 1:00 (ESPN2 or ESPNU) - #12 Miami (Fl.) vs. #13 Virginia Tech
Game 2 - 3:30 (ESPN2 or ESPNU) - #10 Georgia Tech vs. #15 North Carolina
Game 3 - 7:00 (ESPN2 or ESPNU) - #11 Notre Dame vs. #14 Boston College

Thursday March 13

Game 4 - Noon (ESPNU) - #8 NC State vs. #9 Wake Forest
Game 5 - 2:30 (ESPNU) - #12 Miami (Fl.)/#13 Virginia Tech winner vs. #5 Florida State
Game 6 - 7:00 (ESPNU) - #10 Georgia Tech/#15 North Carolina winner vs. #7 Maryland
Game 7 - 9:30 (ESPNU) - #11 Notre Dame/#14 Boston College winner vs. #6 Duke

Friday March 14

Game 8 - Noon (ESPN2) - #8 NC State/#9 Wake Forest winner vs. #1 Syracuse
Game 9 - 2:30 (ESPN2) - #12 Miami (Fl.)/#13 Virginia Tech/#5 Florida State winner vs. #4 Clemson
Game 10 - 7:00 (ESPN2) - #10 Georgia Tech/#15 North Carolina/#7 Maryland winner vs. #2 Pittsburgh
Game 11 - 9:30 (ESPN2) - #11 Notre Dame/#14 Boston College/#6 Duke winner vs. #3 Virginia

Saturday March 15

Game 12 - 1:00 (ESPN) - Game 8 winner vs. Game 9 winner
Game 13 - 3:30 (ESPN) - Game 10 winner vs. Game 11 winner

Sunday March 16

Game 14 - 1:00 (ESPN) - Championship Game

Current ACC Standings:

1. Syracuse 4-0
2. Pittsburgh 3-0
3. Virginia 3-1
4. Clemson 2-1
5. Florida State 2-1
6. Duke 2-2
7. Maryland 2-2
8. NC State 1-2
9. Wake Forest 1-2
10. Georgia Tech 1-2
11. Notre Dame 1-2
12. Miami (Fl.) 1-2
13. Virginia Tech 1-2
14. Boston College 1-3
15. North Carolina 0-3

Last edited:
Ugh - 1 & 3:30? Pathetic times for semis on a Saturday.

Can we get the primetime slot back? Does anyone know if that's going to happen?

Three questions:

1) When do the teams get color coded?

2) When do we see the SWAC tournament projections?

3) Has UNC ever finished last?

This was a trial run. The colors will come as the season goes on and I can tweak it to my liking.

The SWAC tourney projections are on the pay side. Sorry.

I would love to see them make it a first!

Its always in the afternoon in the ACC. Eventually I would think this may change.

Its always in the afternoon in the ACC. Eventually I would think this may change.

I'm guessing the only w ay to get the primetime slot on Saturday night back is if it's the finals. I can't imagine them scheduling the Semi's on Saturday night and then having the final the next day at 1.

My opinion; Saturday night for the finals is way better. If your team is in it, either way, its wrapped up on Sat night and you have all day Sunday to just follow everythign else is going on, read some final mock brackets, etc.

problem is the finals sunday afternoon.

quick turnaround.

if the ACC ever moves its tourney up a day, then maybe we will see the finals then.

the big east had the best setup, and now that its become 2 midmajor confs, we will see what happens.

problem is the finals sunday afternoon.

quick turnaround.

if the ACC ever moves its tourney up a day, then maybe we will see the finals then.

the big east had the best setup, and now that its become 2 midmajor confs, we will see what happens.

Yea I forgot about that.

I think it will change to all primetime in the next 2 years.

Lots of heads will explode down here if the ACC final is Syr-Pitt.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Well it's pretty amazing that thru three or four games that ten of the fifteen teams already have two or more losses. Lots of "parity" or just lots of poor basketball.

Well it's pretty amazing that thru three or four games that ten of the fifteen teams already have two or more losses. Lots of "parity" or just lots of poor basketball.

I meant to post this the other day. This was post last night.

Ok i crunched the #'s today on conferences and the acc is really not that bad afterall. Theres #2 su plus 4 teams ranked in the rpi at #23, #24, #29 and #32. Thats uva, pitt, fsu and duke. The conference really stacks up ok with the others. The final tally of the acc-big 10 challenge was 6-6. Whats hurting the acc is the implosion of unc and duke since conference play started. Well who are those teams losing too? Acc squads.

Another way to look at it is if unc sucks whats that say about sparty, louisville and kentucky? Acc teams not having any problems beating the heels.

3) Has UNC ever finished last?

No. They are the only ACC team never to have finished last from 1953-2013. Until the Matt D'oh-erty debacle, they had never finished worse than 4th. Now they can only say they've never finished last.

When the ACCT takes over MSG they will take the Friday night Semis/Saturday night finals time slots. Count on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom