ACC what if Q | Syracusefan.com

ACC what if Q

obliterata

always in chronological order
Just wondering: If Pitt and SU didn't jump and the BE stayed together and strong, who would the ACC have invited to get to 14?

Temple and Navy?
Marshall and Tulane?
Houston and SMU?
East Carolina and UCF?
who?

They wouldn't have expanded. They would have waited for us to jump.

The ACC had 10 or so applications so I'd venture a guess that more than 2 of them were from the BE.

I suspect most of those applicants would never be admitted.

They wouldn't have expanded.

Also, could you lose the stars and bars? That symbol is highly offensive to a lot of people.

Also, could you lose the stars and bars? That symbol is highly offensive to a lot of people.

Agreed. See what you were going for with Cuse being "southern" now but alot of people (myself included) see confederate flags and think pointy hats and burning crosses. Not what you were going for but obviously not a good thing.

They wouldn't have expanded.

Agree with this... Not sure why there is so much pride in flying a confederate flag. Pretty much says I'm a racist that loves the slavery era.

Thanks y'all for speaking out on orangella's avatar. As a yankee who has lived in a few southern states I also find it highly inappropriate. There are many good things about the south and southeners, but that flag and what it represents to many is not one of them.

One word of advice, do not discuss the "War Between the States" with die-hard Southerners. I've had some interesting conversations in Texas and Georgia. Let's just say that the viewpoints are quite different from what is taught in Northern schools. "The War of Northern Agression" which had nothing to do with slavery is the viewpoint held by many.

I first heard that "War of Northern Aggression" line while at Carolina. Even more scary was attending a function where Dixie was sung by the school a cappella group (with several African-American & Asian members) and the whole place standing & singing like it was the Star Spangled Banner. And don't even get me going about Old South Week. (Dress up as your favorite CSA General & take a belle to the Ball.)

Mind you, they were great people and generally open-minded, but they couldn't get past the "noble cause" crap & see that the CSA was a slaverocacy from its very core. I know things have changed for the better.

I'm not a change the name of the building & take down the statue guy. I think you learn from history, not destroy it.

Proud to be a Tarheel grad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom