According to Dino | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

According to Dino

You can win games despite the system.
Players don't make shots when those shots are made more difficult, or they come in desperation. Blaming a player for missing a contested, off-balance 3 which was contested and off-balance because he had to first make a series of desperate dribble moves because no one set him up... is only partially on the player. // And Dino's kinda right—no one in any profession continues on an upward trajectory. At some point, more 'experience' just doesn't translate

It was refreshing to see the energy that Hurley had Thursday night......at some point I think that rubs off on the players...

PS - The statement above doesn't mean I think Hurley is a better coach than JB

It was refreshing to see the energy that Hurley had Thursday night...at some point I think that rubs off on the players...

What about Friday when Hurley got tossed?

He is WAY extra with it. If he was our coach I think my interest in the program would fade.

What about Friday when Hurley got tossed?

He is WAY extra with it. If he was our coach I think my interest in the program would fade.

Nothing wrong with getting tossed every now and then, how much press did we get from JB and his coat tantrum at Cameron?

It was refreshing to see the energy that Hurley had Thursday night...at some point I think that rubs off on the players...

Double edged sword. Is it sustainable? Can grow old

A coach can’t make the shots the players take.

I have heard MANY pundits say the reason Boeheim has been such a great coach (apart from the zone) is that he puts players in position to be successful on offense. That means taking shots at the right time, from the right spot on the floor, in the right flow of the game. I haven't seen that in a half dozen years.

2 observations. I love how Frank Howard has been brutally skewered the last 2 years. A dollar for every lowball insult and I'd be a rich man. Now the kid cant get on the floor soon enough. If basketball is a religion he is now the Orange Messiah. 2nd, the offense looks disjointed and sloppy at the beginning of every season. Wonder why that could be? Well, for starters any half decent coach is going to understand that if you can't defend you can't win in the long run. The emphasis in the early part of the season is almost always on playing defense. Calm down. Long haul.

The emphasis in the early part of the season is almost always on playing defense.
Then why is this year's D off to a horrible start as well? Can't blame inexperience as an excuse.

Internal discord is the only plausible explanation for the unprecedented level of dysfunction that we're seeing. If someone told me that Deshaunitis has spread throughout the team, based on their performance in NYC, it would be credible. I actually hope it's a chemistry problem because those sins can be washed away via attrition or in closed-doors meetings with the coaches. That's far less damaging to a program's long-term health and stability versus debating whether the coaching staff is sleepwalking or rotting away.

Last edited:
Then why is this year's D off to a horrible start as well? Can't blame inexperience as an excuse.
According to Dino: "You're only as good as your weakest link."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom