Acropolis Pizza to close | Syracusefan.com

Acropolis Pizza to close

Damn shame, as they made a pretty good slice... and for a Popeyes? really?! The hill needs a Popeyes?

No more Archie’s, Cosmo’s, or Acropolis. The Varsity is the only option around M Street now?

Terrible. And when you read that students want and old school deli, between Archie's subs and Cosmos counter food...

Left Syracuse 40 years ago...I still mourn the closing of Cosmos (nothing better than a pizza and chocolate milkshake) and Caromas (where I sat next to Cat Steven’s in one of those connected booths with a plastic divider on the table top when he was in Syracuse for a concert). Syracuse had some of the most unique Italian restaurants...another one bites the dust.

Syracuse had some of the most unique Italian restaurants...another one bites the dust.
Actually I am pretty sure it's "greek" style pizza. I new one of the owner's brother's who opened up a satellite store on Westcott back in the day... (think his name was Alki), great pizza and an even better dude. Tough losing mom an pop shops to a fast food chain, have we learned nothing from "urban renewal"...

So much food up there. Pops, insomnia, five guys, Chiplote, varsity, pita pit, Jimmy johns, the Indian place. And whatever is in the mall still…

Actually I am pretty sure it's "greek" style pizza. I new one of the owner's brother's who opened up a satellite store on Westcott back in the day... (think his name was Alki), great pizza and an even better dude. Tough losing mom an pop shops to a fast food chain, have we learned nothing from "urban renewal"...
Remember the satellite place well. Loved that pizza. You’re right about the guy as well.

Yep- it was good. I believe you are right on the owners brother. Owner I knew was a good guy too always enjoyed chatting with him.

Left Syracuse 40 years ago...I still mourn the closing of Cosmos (nothing better than a pizza and chocolate milkshake) and Caromas (where I sat next to Cat Steven’s in one of those connected booths with a plastic divider on the table top when he was in Syracuse for a concert). Syracuse had some of the most unique Italian restaurants...another one bites the dust.

Always enjoyed Cosmos not always the pizza but milkshakes for sure. Sauce was a little off for me. That said was really bummed when I saw it shut down.

Always enjoyed Cosmos not always the pizza but milkshakes for sure. Sauce was a little off for me. That said was really bummed when I saw it shut down.
Loved the pizza at Cosmos.

And the toasted honey buns.

homer-the-simpsons.gif

And we had great German restaurants. I weep for the old Danzers every time I think about it. I was in the Acropolis one time after a game. Derek Coleman came in and set in the next booth with a couple of other players. The Caroma had egg plant parm to die for.

Syracuse has the best pizza on the planet, full stop.

Always liked the BBQ Chicken Pizza at Cosmo's

Wasn't a huge Acropolis fan but hate seeing a long time local place close for another chain place. Having a couple of those options on Marshall is fine but should be majority of local restaurants.

Cosmo's, Acropolis, Chuck's, Lucy's gone...Marshall St looks a lot different

Always liked the BBQ Chicken Pizza at Cosmo's

Wasn't a huge Acropolis fan but hate seeing a long time local place close for another chain place. Having a couple of those options on Marshall is fine but should be majority of local restaurants.

Cosmo's, Acropolis, Chuck's, Lucy's gone...Marshall St looks a lot different

1644680535390.jpeg

Local institutions are dying. Sitting in the previous Empire farm brewery.

Empire and Tusk gone. Grimaldis gone. Places and names that were big parts of the community for decades

On Marshall now since I graduated now in 06 with Acropolis leaving I believe it's Pita Pit, Shirt World, Mandy's, the student market and Starbucks that is left the same it was. Everything else is different.

On Marshall now since I graduated now in 06 with Acropolis leaving I believe it's Pita Pit, Shirt World, Mandy's, the student market and Starbucks that is left the same it was. Everything else is different.

Bleu Monkey is still there. Pretty sure it was open then.

There’s a local coffee shop where Maggie’s was.

Overall I agree it’s awful.

Bleu Monkey is still there. Pretty sure it was open then.

There’s a local coffee shop where Maggie’s was.

Overall I agree it’s awful.

Yeah Bleu Monkey is right as well. Not a place I went often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom