Actual Conversation with a STH | Syracusefan.com

Actual Conversation with a STH

Doc5120

Starter
So I'm on my walk down to the car postgame with my group when an SU fan (who I'll refer to as Random STH) casually says to us, "Man, that Tucker was something today!" The conversation between us goes like this...

Me: "Yup, he played another great game."
Random STH: "I can't believe he's only a freshman!"
Me: "He's not. He's technically a sophomore due to the free Covid year, but in all actuality he's a Jr."
Random STH: "He wasn't here last year, was he?"
Me: "Yes he was. He had a monster year."
Random STH: "I'm a STH and I don't remember him being here last year."
Me: <Shakes head, continues walking>

This guy was either the best BS'er on the planet or the most clueless SU STH of all time. I swear on everything I'm not making this up and he truly was genuinely surprised when I said Tucker was here last season. My mind was blown.

So I'm on my walk down to the car postgame with my group when an SU fan (who I'll refer to as Random STH) casually says to us, "Man, that Tucker was something today!" The conversation between us goes like this...

Random STH: I can't believe he's only a freshman!
Me: "He's not. He's technically a sophomore due to the free Covid year, but in all actuality he's a Jr."

This guy was either the best BS'er on the planet or the most clueless SU STH of all time. I swear on everything I'm not making this up and he truly was genuinely surprised when I said Tucker was here last season. My mind was blown.
There is always the possibility of alcoholism advanced to the blackout stage.

We have at least 5 of these types in the Fine Mess right now.

For Syracuse fans who lived through the GRob era, it is very common. I would estimate roughly 25% of the long term Syracuse fans have advanced to this point.

For Syracuse fans who lived through the GRob era, it is very common. I would estimate roughly 25% of the long term Syracuse fans have advanced to this point.

At first I was thinking/hoping that, but this guy appeared sober. I suppose he could have tuned out all of last year out, but to not know Sean Tucker was on our team last season is inexcusable. My 3.5 year old son knows who Sean Tucker is, because I talk about him way too much, but that's besides the point. :cool:

I was just busting your chops.

giphy.gif

I bet I could name the 5.

At least these people went to the game and supported the team. Now, maybe they’ll go to another game.

What’s with all the people who know all about Tucker and crew, or can name the entire starting line up but refuse to go to a game until Babers is fired?

*salute*

Season Ticket Holder

I struggle to remember names on teams I follow, especially for the first game.

It’s better than talking to an empty seat in the stands. Give it time, they haven’t been the most exciting team to follow.

I didn't realize that Shrader had changed numbers, so I was a little confused as to why #6 was coming onto the field for the first series while #16 stood on the sidelines. But I guess that's slightly more forgivable than not knowing who Sean Tucker is.

I didn't realize that Shrader had changed numbers, so I was a little confused as to why #6 was coming onto the field for the first series while #16 stood on the sidelines. But I guess that's slightly more forgivable than not knowing who Sean Tucker is.

Yup switched numbers either right before spring or right after

It was the first clue that Shrader was doing some special things in practice.

As we know, you don’t just get a single number with Dino Babers. You have to be a “special” player

Crazy to think that Tucker was like 3rd on the depth chart prior to last season and before the RB defections (if I recall correctly) that were listed higher on the depth chart. Not to mention, neither of those RB's were tearing it up either.

Here's to hoping McDonald, relative to Thompson's season ending injury, can be a pleasant surprise as well.

I struggle to remember names on teams I follow, especially for the first game.

It’s better than talking to an empty seat in the stands. Give it time, they haven’t been the most exciting team to follow.

If it was quite literally anyone other than Tucker or maybe Shrader...since QB's are most well known, I'd have let it slide. But you'd have to be living under a rock to not know who Sean Tucker is, and be an SU football "fan."

Last edited:
If it was quite literally anyone other than Tucker or maybe Shrader...since QB's are most well known, I'd have let it slide. But you'd have to be living under a rock to not know who Sean Tucker is, and be an SU football "fan."
They were at the game and dressed in SU colors (or at least supporting SU) I assume? Good enough for me

Crazy to think that Tucker was like 3rd on the depth chart prior to last season and before the RB defections (if I recall correctly) that were listed higher on the depth chart. Not to mention, neither of those RB's were tearing it up either.

Here's to hoping McDonald, relative to Thompson's season ending injury, can be a pleasant surprise as well.
2 years ago. He was pretty entrenched as the starter going into last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom