Adam Silver | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Silver

Why is that article a problem for Silver?

because he is a Knicks executive and he made a public statement.....and he too has a problem making racist remarks or is this just a oneway street

because he is a Knicks executive and he made a public statement...and he too has a problem making racist remarks or is this just a oneway street

Do any sponsors leave if Larry Johnson is not fired/banned/suspended?

If your answer is no, then please answer the question again...Why is this a problem for Silver?

retro44 said:
because he is a Knicks executive and he made a public statement.....and he too has a problem making racist remarks or is this just a oneway street

Wasn't a racist statement to me.

So if Johnson's statements are racist, but what matters is sponsors leaving, the issue the NBA has isn't racism.

Who said it was? Not I.

The NBA didn't do dick for years to Sterling's history of racial issues. They moved when sponsors started to leave. That's what this was about. Nothing more or less.

Who said it was? Not I.

The NBA didn't do dick for years to Sterling's history of racial issues. They moved when sponsors started to leave. That's what this was about. Nothing more or less.
You get it. I think other people are getting it. It would be good if the NBA is honest about this.

You get it. I think other people are getting it. It would be good if the NBA is honest about this.

Seriously though...What does the NBA gain by being honest about it?

Seriously though...What does the NBA gain by being honest about it?
I'm not sure. I just find it fairly sinister if a social issue like racism is exploited.

djcon57 said:
Who said it was? Not I. The NBA didn't do dick for years to Sterling's history of racial issues. They moved when sponsors started to leave. That's what this was about. Nothing more or less.

The NBA started moving on this before 1 sponsor left. I look at it as the perfect storm. It was the straw that broke the camels back, it was highly publicized therefore giving the NBA a black eye and what he did say was horrible even if there were no prior incidents.