Adams and Howard - Opt Out Situation

orangeinohio

All American
Maybe I'm misinterpreting this but this still seems a little murky.

Neither have publicly commented or announced on Twitter. Obviously there is more to life than constantly commenting on Twitter but it's a common platform for this type of news.

They have 'resumed team activity', rather than something like 'rejoined the team'.
Yes, I know they opted out so, technically, maybe they didn't officially leave the team but didn't they supposedly claim that they were training in preparation for the NFL draft? That's a big meatball to not address.

They resumed team activity at the start of the spring semester. Spring semester officially started two weeks ago on Feb 8th. It took two weeks to get this news?

I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. The info on this just doesn't seem very clear.

orangeinohio

All American
One more thing - how do we know that Dino wants one or both of them back?
Maybe he has his eyes on transfers in the portal and there are only a limited number of spaces available at the inn.
Maybe this isn't more official because he's looking to see how the portal shakes out.

721Comstock

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Rebounder

Neither have publicly commented or announced on Twitter. Obviously there is more to life than constantly commenting on Twitter but it's a common platform for this type of news.

They have 'resumed team activity', rather than something like 'rejoined the team'.
Yes, I know they opted out so, technically, maybe they didn't officially leave the team but didn't they supposedly claim that they were training in preparation for the NFL draft? That's a big meatball to not address.

They resumed team activity at the start of the spring semester. Spring semester officially started two weeks ago on Feb 8th. It took two weeks to get this news?

I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. The info on this just doesn't seem very clear.

You should just ask our new O-Line coach about it.

SuFTW

Scout Team

Yes, mountain out of a molehill.

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Yes, I know they opted out so, technically, maybe they didn't officially leave the team but didn't they supposedly claim that they were training in preparation for the NFL draft?

1) If they weren't on the team, they wouldn't be working out with the team.
2) They stayed in shape. That's good. If they were training for the draft, they wouldn't be on campus.
3) Howard and Adams have been sort of been hinted to as being here. It's been mentioned on the board.

Also, Adams is almost out of eligibility anyway, even with the extra year. Why not let him back?

OmahaCuse

2nd String
Great news for special teams, can never have enough athletes in the mix. Do think sitting out a year will takes awhile to get game feel back

upperdeck

Living Legend
it changes the roster allocations a bit doesnt it?

Adams wont count, but Howard will and have 3 to play 2.

DPCuse

2nd String
Maybe they will participate in spring practice to get in shape but transfer after that?

RandomGuy

All Conference
Maybe he has his eyes on transfers in the portal and there are only a limited number of spaces available at the inn.
Maybe this isn't more official because he's looking to see how the portal shakes out.
Why on earth wouldn't a football coach want his top 2 backs back? (From the last time they played)

CuseLegacy

Where was it ever said that they left the team. What they did was opt out of last years' football season. They didn't stop taking courses, they were still SU students or they would no longer be eligible with the NCAA.

orangepassion

All American
We have plenty of scholies. We're only allowed to bring in 3 more (including Moss) regardless

AngryOtto

Starter
I hope they can find a place for Cooper Lutz. He has great instincts with the ball.
Completely agree. Lutz is an asset to the team.

also glad they are participating but it will be interesting if we loose depth at rb after spring ball.

CuseLegacy

We have plenty of scholies. We're only allowed to bring in 3 more (including Moss) regardless
Four. Adams is a returning senior with no eligiblity so he doesn't count towards the 85. There are then 58 returning underclassmen. 22 commits signed in the class. 23 if Moss signs. So Can sign two more underclassmen for the class and then could bring in two grad transfers.

Doesn't mean that's what they do...just the numbers.

SUFaninNJ

Hall of Fame
Four. Adams is a returning senior with no eligiblity so he doesn't count towards the 85. There are then 58 returning underclassmen. 22 commits signed in the class. 23 if Moss signs. So Can sign two more underclassmen for the class and then could bring in two grad transfers.

Just the facts, ma’am.

orangefog

Voted "Best Looking Poster" 8 years in a row
Revamped o-line, QB depth, RB depth...we are finally going to see the Dino Barbers offense. With the defense getting more rest because the O is doing their part, this is going to be a special year.

Chip

Creature of Bad Habits

Any idea how many seniors still haven't announced their decision? Roscoe I think is one? Any others? I know you and the Xtreme are all over this, you're better than google.

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Any idea how many seniors still haven't announced their decision? Roscoe I think is one? Any others? I know you and the Xtreme are all over this, you're better than google.
Clarke and Pat Davis are the other two to my knowledge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom