Adams | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Adams

Only time ever? He had like 900 yards last year on a 10-3 team?

Do you have another example? What were his ypc? He runs straight well and gets through a hole quickly. Changing directions, making guys miss, breaking tackles, or falling forward for a extra yard are not his strengths. He is a nice #2 back.

Did u watch the 15 yarder moe had making 6-7 people miss. Unbelievable play and I came into year saying Adams should start but I am definatly think equal split is perfect for us.
Are you talking about yesterday? My post is from a completely different game. Look at the date.

Moe's run yesterday was great.

Do you have another example? What were his ypc? He runs straight well and gets through a hole quickly. Changing directions, making guys miss, breaking tackles, or falling forward for a extra yard are not his strengths. He is a nice #2 back.
Um, I don't know... the first time he touched the ball in his college career was for a 43 yd touchdown...just sayin.

“Another example?”

Like... you mean excluding all of last year?

Are you talking about yesterday? My post is from a completely different game. Look at the date.

Moe's run yesterday was great.
Sorry ur right

The running game was great ! Finally some holes ! I thought both backs did well . To me it would come down to who is the better pass protector and better at line calls as far as who is on the field more than the other unless one back makes a clear separation. Right now Moe is ahead IMO but my opinion doesn’t matter . Abdul certainly flashed Saturday especially on that screen play .

Um, I don't know... the first time he touched the ball in his college career was for a 43 yd touchdown...just sayin.

That was a straight run which I credited him if you can read. What he doesn’t do well is what makes him a good #2 and a poor #1.

He does. The Neal is a senior and has been here love aside, when Adams has the ball it’s obvious he is a) faster, b) stronger, c) has quicker feet, his plant and cut is nasty. As the game wore on I felt I was wanting to see him get more carries. I think this will bear out over the season.

I love Adams, but Neal made some really clutch plays for us when we needed them Saturday. That counts for something.

Let's see, the screen against WVU.

We get it, he's not Barry Sanders.

Not asking him to be Barry Sanders. Here is a list of our leading rushers the last 10 years. Where do you rank him?

2018 Mo
2017 Dungey
2016 Strickland
2015 Fredericks
2014 PTG
2013 Smith
2012 Smith
2011 Bailey
2010 DC3
2009 DC3

IMO I would rank him 6th out of 7.

Western Mich was a good game by both backs. Adams yard per carry was actually the same as Moe's before the fumble and Adams also had 3 catches for 42 yards.

Neal took advantage of his opportunity with Adams being benched. Something you like to see.

BEFORE FUMBLE

NEAL 15/60 w/TD and fumble on the toss sweep. 4 yards per carry. No catches.
ADAMS 7/29 4.1 ypc and 3 catches for 42 yards

AFTER THE FUMBLE

NEAL WAS 11/62 w/a TD. 5.63 per clip. He was outstanding.

The fact that Adams was benched tells me the issue might extend to practice to and they just couldn't risk it anymore in a tight game.

Certainly will be interesting to see if it's all Moe this weekend, if the rotation stays the same or if Howard jumps up to #2.

I like Adams better as a runner but if he has fumble issues (which was the knock on him at Oklahoma), then it's hard to give him the nod. Overall Neal has been better. Adams has been good catching the ball out of the backfield. His vision is ok. Neal is good in the open, but struggles with initial contact. If he gets through the line he's good but his vision is also ok. Neither is great. Neither has elite speed, but Adams is stronger and might have the better speed. Neal is steady eddy - though he's struggled a bit in pass pro to but usually pretty consistent. Adams has been decent in pass pro. If you go back and watch one of DeVito's long TD passes it happens because Adams chipped a kid who was about to hit DeVito.

Bottom line for me, both backs are pedestrian and there's nothing really in the pipeline. I'd love to get a kid in here like that McFarlane kid but who wouldn't. Hoping recruit Sean Tucker is that kid. He reminds me of the better backs we've had here in the past and I like the fast powerful 5-9 190-200 lbs RBs. We'll see.

By the way - the box score doesn't match the play-by-play stats.

That was a straight run which I credited him if you can read. What he doesn’t do well is what makes him a good #2 and a poor #1.
Thanks for the insult.

No, I can't read. Which sucks for me, I miss out on all the hate.

Moe made 5 guys miss on his 13 yard run. I may be short on that guess too.

I thought so too.

When it's close, I think Dino is rewarding the guy that has helped us get here, kind of like with Strickland last year. It'll be interesting to see how it evolves over the course of the year.
That is why we won’t lose any contributing players to other schools by way of transfer. Dino takes care of the players that have helped get the ship heading in the right direction. Cordy is a good example.

Not asking him to be Barry Sanders. Here is a list of our leading rushers the last 10 years. Where do you rank him?

2018 Mo
2017 Dungey
2016 Strickland
2015 Fredericks
2014 PTG
2013 Smith
2012 Smith
2011 Bailey
2010 DC3
2009 DC3

IMO I would rank him 6th out of 7.

DC3
Smith
Bailey
Moe
PTG
Strickland
Fredericks

That is why we won’t lose any contributing players to other schools by way of transfer. Dino takes care of the players that have helped get the ship heading in the right direction. Cordy is a good example.
I guess. We lost a WR that started off the year as a starter but was replaced later in the year by someone younger. I think that anytime an older guy is supplanted by a younger guy, there's an increased chance they'll transfer. It's essentially how we got Adams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom