Admins: | Syracusefan.com

Admins:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Can you
a) Start a separate forum for the "crisis" and the comments on same. There are so many rumors, ideas, speculations, etc., (all very interesting, heartfelt and on point, IMHO), that it makes it difficult to go through the board and find basketball discussions.

b) Can that forum require separate sign in (or something like that) to avoid lurkers and trolls.

I'd just move the Fine threads to the Off Topic Board and pin a post on the Hoops Board directing others there.

Added bonus is you'll get extra hits at the site if people are starting here and then going there. Negative is having to enforce it , but there are plenty of hall monitor types here to chime in. Or you could just lock new threads if moving them is a pain.

I give people credit who can honestly talk hoops at a time like this, I really do. I know there is nothing one can do right now, but my enthusiasm for the season pretty muched tanked last Thursday night.

I give people credit who can honestly talk hoops at a time like this, I really do. I know there is nothing one can do right now, but my enthusiasm for the season pretty muched tanked last Thursday night.
Life goes on, no sense to give yourself a cardiac over it. Nothing you can do about it so why put yourself in a state of depression.

These accusers don't seem like good people. I am all for justice taking place over basketball, but these guys only care about themselves, don't care about syracuse basketball, and that tells me enough.

Until someone gives me some legitimate reason to believe we are... Penn state part 2, my thoughts continue to be the exact opposite.

All of this makes me wonder: will the football tailgaters still refer to themselves as "The Fine Mess" crew?

There is no way this happens, do you have any idea how many golf threads there have been on this basketball forum??? At least this has SOMETHING to do with someone involved with Cuse BBall.

Shouldn't this thread be on the Off Topic board?

Seriously though, it's not a bad idea. It's too easy to get wrapped up in all the rumor threads and the basketball ones just go away.

Think about the players they deserve a nice basketball board about them.
Just saying.

Thats crazy. Im going to tomorrow nite's game and cant freaking wait.

Shouldn't this thread be on the Off Topic board?

Seriously though, it's not a bad idea. It's too easy to get wrapped up in all the rumor threads and the basketball ones just go away.
I believe it would qualify for the suggestions board...

It's all there is to talk about now, only so much to can dig into after a Colgate game. There will be plenty of bball threads starting tomorrow as we play some legitimate competition the next couple weeks (well at least starting Friday ;) )

why in the world would we move any of this to the OT board. None of this is off topic.

How would we feel if Penn State moved all the Sandusky stuff to the OT board? It would look like the board was minimizing the issue and prioritizing football over getting after the truth regarding their program. I know Penn State is a substantially worse situation, but moving Fine threads to an OT board reeks of burying our heads in the sand. If you don't want to read about Fine, don't click the posts that are clearly about him.

We are going to breeze through all our games till Florida anyway. This Fine stuff is way more important, let's not restrict posting on the subject to the OT board just so we can pretend things are normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom