Admission rate | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Admission rate

I believe about 6 years ago they moved some of it directly into Maxwell.
Woah do u think I will get a new diploma? I’m sure the University has a Buzz Shaw stamp lying around somewhere.

Thornden park is nicer than the grove
I ve been there not all that great
Neither is ole miss eithrr
Oxford is cool though
I have been there too and I would disagree.

Bingo. Really the only reason to go to any private school outside the traditional high-tier schools (cornell, harvard, UVA, Duke, etc.) is you get into their premiere program or you don't care about money. Very hard to justify 75-80K/year with 7%+ interest
Hard to justify a mercedes over a perfectly fine toyota. Sometimes a luxury item is better, holds its value and lasts longer.

I have plenty of middle class frat brothers at Syracuse who were arts and sciences and went to SU and were better for it b/c of the networking at the school and the tail of interest people have in SU when you get into the work force (a byproduct of networking).

My wife went to Umass grad school and she saw the dff btw SU undergrad and Umass in terms of facilities, vibe of school and overall happiness.

I'm a believer in going to the best college possible. The IRR for being happy and paying alot pays off ultimately IMO. I mean i could have gone to Massasoit Community College, be much richer financially (not spending money on my education), and alot poorer as a total person holistically speaking

Hard to justify a mercedes over a perfectly fine toyota. Sometimes a luxury item is better, holds its value and lasts longer.

I have plenty of middle class frat brothers at Syracuse who were arts and sciences and went to SU and were better for it b/c of the networking at the school and the tail of interest people have in SU when you get into the work force (a byproduct of networking).

My wife went to Umass grad school and she saw the dff btw SU undergrad and Umass in terms of facilities, vibe of school and overall happiness.

I'm a believer in going to the best college possible. The IRR for being happy and paying alot pays off ultimately IMO. I mean i could have gone to Massasoit Community College, be much richer financially (not spending money on my education), and alot poorer as a total person holistically speaking
I agree, but when you get to the 40-100 range, there isn’t much difference in quality of education and alumni base so cost does become important. Binghamton has some stellar alumni, I’d be hard pressed to find 40K/annually in value that Syracuse offered over Binghamton. I might be too young to have been indoctrinated into the idea that private is superior to state so I’ll allow defer to some of the older members of the board to educate me on how the market views that distinction. So far in my career, I’ve worked alongside state and private graduates alike across multiple levels.

Economics of higher ed are complex. Cost of education is the same for public vs. private but financing is just so different. Years ago I did a report for UGA admissions on the impact of the HOPE Scholarship Program (funded by revenue from state lottery). It does help provide eligible students with funding support at Georgia private institutions, but public institutions are in heavy demand. Anyway, at the time, the HOPE had a massive impact on keeping the best students in state and increased the admission profile of all of the top-tier institutions in the state. UGA benefited a ton…because now there were financial incentives to keep their best students in-state. It’s so different than the landscape Cuse is in.

I agree with some of point of view. My daughter went to upenn and the ivy network was unbelievable. We paid all of it including reembursing her for the loans. She grad. In 2001
My having gone to occ. Down at the old typewriter factory, i met great folks, good faculty some. Moonlighting from su. I fondly recall those yesrs. I believe thst was a great experience. Eventually got a masters degree from rutgers.
I believe the county college experience had the most faculty that were interested,and availble. May not be for everyone, worked well for me. development as a whole does not depend on expensive education. It does depend on exposure to a multide of experiences to numerous to mention and remain continous. hope we dont stop growing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom