Adrian Autry’s pitch to SU basketball recruits: ‘He wants to bring Syracuse back’ | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry’s pitch to SU basketball recruits: ‘He wants to bring Syracuse back’

Remember, how worried many of us were that Autry might not be able to get the job done? And now that we see how well he’s doing with the recruits and his vision for the game, people are still worried about how he will be coaching the game? I‘ve decided he is going to be a great in-game coach! I am setting aside all of my doubts and worries, and I’m going to reserve them for other things going on in my life. Woo hoo!

Freeeeedom!!!
So Excited Reaction GIF by Originals

Remember, how worried many of us were that Autry might not be able to get the job done? And now that we see how well he’s doing with the recruits and his vision for the game, people are still worried about how he will be coaching the game? I‘ve decided he is going to be a great in-game coach! I am setting aside all of my doubts and worries, and I’m going to reserve them for other things going on in my life. Woo hoo!

Freeeeedom!!!
Excited but yes, still worried. I hope to be on the bandwagon and doing cartwheels soon after the season starts.

Excited but yes, still worried. I hope to be on the bandwagon and doing cartwheels soon after the season starts.

I think we all share in having some anxiety. I will also say that team basketball today is not a complex matter. You still need good leaders and teachers to be able to get these kids ready physically and mentally and to work together. With that said- using concepts that maximize player talent generally aren't overly complex. It's more about having the right talent and skillsets t chcat both work with and elevate the quality of the core concepts you are deploying.

If you watch us the past 3 years we played simple basketball on offense at times and then complex basketball via the zone. The defensive complexity was hampered by a lack of good defenders but also the simplicity of our opponents offense in easily attacking it with simple approaches elevated by the right skillsets.

We have things we didn't have going into the season. We also have an approach that will be more in line with the skillsets of the kids coming in.

The xfactor becomes that ability to mesh and lead and then have that buy in so that the adjustments you make are executed.

This staff doesn't have an easy job in front of them. But it's three former PGs and an analytics guru we go into the season with and guys with strong relationships with the team. The odds are on our side going into this year.

As in all things though- let's see it be real.

Freeeeedom!!!
hey you do a mean cartwheel, bb!!
;)

He's doing everything right. Just needs to be able to coach and he'll be here for a long time.

Yup -- he's off to a great start. He's turned the roster around in short order, and has recruited substantially better than Boeheim the past few years. No question about that.

But the point you raise is the million dollar question. Hope he can coach, because I want him and the program to succeed, and get back on the national stage.

The next year or two are so crucial. All eyes on this proud program to see if Red can return it to its former glory. We need to win while everyone is watching to see what happens. If this year's team is a ranked team, there's going to be tons of press that Red is waking a sleeping giant. Recruits will want to be a part of that.

Freeeeedom!!!
Dog Food Friday GIF by Diamond Pet Foods

Yup -- he's off to a great start. He's turned the roster around in short order, and has recruited substantially better than Boeheim the past few years. No question about that.

But the point you raise is the million dollar question. Hope he can coach, because I want him and the program to succeed, and get back on the national stage.

We haven't had this much talent since 2016?

Freeeeedom!!!
Can you do one wearing orange?

I cant believe all the doubters here.

Red will be a great game coach. There can be no doubt his players will have intensity and hustle.

He is a winner - end of story.

The only issue is learning curve, not the end result.

Yes, he will bring the Cuse back !!!

Little doubt we will be Dancin this season !!

How many days until the first exhibition?

Red's ability to do everything surrounding coaching has proven to be superlative. In one offseason, he has improved the programs PR, nutrition, NIL, marketing, recruiting of transfers, recruiting of freshman, retention of current roster and the strength and conditioning program.

We have no idea how he will do managing a game.

His excellent work in every other area we can measure or infer gives me great hope about the in game aspects, but they are only related, not directly parallel. We have only to look at Calipari to see a coach who is great at so many things but can't win a title with multiple lottery picks on every team.

My hope is Red is superior at in game coaching, game planning, player relationships and managing a rotation than Calipari, and the last decade of JB.

I have high hopes and will probably be paying for ESPN this winter for the first time in years to make sure I catch every game. I'll also attend games for the first time in a while.

The start of the Red Autry era is pretty exciting so far.

I lived in Syracuse in the early 80’s when the whole city thought JB was a lousy in game coach. It took ‘87 to prove he was good at it. ‘87 was the first year for the 3 point shot. No mistake that the final 4 coaches are all hall of famers. Knight told him he would win one some day. Knight is the last person on earth to hand out false accolades.