Adrian Autry’s pitch to SU basketball recruits: ‘He wants to bring Syracuse back’ | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry’s pitch to SU basketball recruits: ‘He wants to bring Syracuse back’

We just hired our first nutrition expert to work exclusively with the program. There is a recent thread about it.

The S&C evidence is circumstantial: it looks like every player has gotten substantially bigger this off season, which is very different from the past.

Not every player has stayed skinny through the years, but it was extremely rare to see players absolutely transform their bodies during their time at Syracuse. We seem to have had several do it just this off-season. I am divining a change in focus caused by the change in head coach.
It is obvious that the program was stale and in serious decline. The resurgence under Red in such a short time is simply remarkable and beyond anything im sure most of us expected. Jim took time to become a good game coach as have many great coaches. Im sure Red will have his ups and downs as well. At this point he has exceeded all expectations and i believe his in game coaching will as well.

I love everything AA has done, but I gotta see the game day management.

JB was a master. There’s gonna be a learning curve.
Jim inherited an incredible program from Roy and it took him years to become a "master". Red will take time as well.

This article is garbage: ACC Basketball: Ranking all 18 programs after additions of Stanford, Cal, and SMU

The author ranked programs -- not this year's teams -- and put Cuse at #10 in the ACC. I hope Red has a chip on his shoulder and is ready to come out swinging this Fall.

The author...
Screenshot_20230906_112626_Chrome.jpg

If he can consistently bring in talent then he just needs to coach “good enough”. This isn’t 4th down or punt.
Very true. But in my experience basketball is the toughest sport to game coach. It's just so fast and so many things happening at once. And when you're on that sideline, in charge, it changes things. I was amazed at how much harder it was to see and react as head coach than it was as an assistant seeing and whispering ideas or watching a game at home on my couch. It's hard to explain. I was a mediocre basketball coach usually blessed with better talent so I can only think of a few times I got in the way thankfully because that is a lonely feeling. I never felt that way coaching football or baseball (my real sport). Those sports are much easier to look ahead and prepare alternatives because they are much slower. I've got every confidence that AA will be fine on game day. He just has to be ready and decisive during the few key moments he'll run into every game. I can't wait to see him on the sideline. He was one of my favorite Orangemen and look forward to seeing him in the spotlight again, its been too long.

And he has an interesting take on Joe Girard 3.

Two things I take very interesting that article...
1 - I'm sure SU belonged in the portal top 25 but whatever. Not really important.
2 - For all the criticism Coach Prime is getting for the number of players he brought in, why is no one saying anything about Pitino brining in 10 new players? It's a much higher % of roster turnover.

Two things I take very interesting that article...
1 - I'm sure SU belonged in the portal top 25 but whatever. Not really important.
2 - For all the criticism Coach Prime is getting for the number of players he brought in, why is no one saying anything about Pitino brining in 10 new players? It's a much higher % of roster turnover.
Who is critical of Coach Sanders? They won 1 game last year.

Who is critical of Coach Sanders? They won 1 game last year.
you haven’t paid enough attention if you didn’t see people having issues with his roster overhaul and the way he went about it. Did he deserve it? I don’t think so but it still happened.